Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Problems
I have had my computer working/struggling with connecting to the internet for a while. My set up was a Broadcom 802.11G Network Adapter (Internal) which was connected to a Linksys WRT54G Wireless router which is connected to a Motorola SB5101U Cable Modem. I was getting a connection speed of about 0.5-1.5MB/s (Data from speedtest.net or whatever)
My brother left to college recently so I snagged his Linksys G USB Network Adapter from his old computer to see if it would increase my speed. Just the position my computer/desk was, was making the connection terrible. After connecting the USB adapter my speeds rocketed to 16+MB/s.
Now comes the problem(s), for some reason the USB adapter can't connect to my router even though it could before. Running the troubleshooter comes up with an error "The Diagnostic Policy Service Is Not Running" and from what I've read on the internet to fix that I would need to reinstall windows to fix it, which is my last option I am looking at. What drives me crazy is the fact that my internal adapter still works so I'm back to slow internet while I wait for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
|Z3R0|
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
Pictures would help a little, but it could be your USB Adapter, or the thing reading you usb adapter. See if you can connect a regular USB stick.
SupportForums for promotion!
Pictures of what exactly? And yes, I have checked the USB ports (I used 6 different ones I think haha), I probably should have included that sorry. The light on the adapter for "power" has a solid green so I know it's got power at least if not more. "link" is obviously blank since I'm not connected to a network.
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
So your sure that the Adapter is working and the USB ports read other USB's fine.

Well only advice for you is to read this
SupportForums for promotion!
Are you sure you mean the USB port and not the Ethernet?
I have 5 routers at my house, and none has an USB port, they're all Ethernet based.
Also, if by any chance you live in Bosnia, and using HS-HKB (i doubt you live here though), you'll need to them and tell them to reset your account (this is the problem i had).
Considering I have 5 routers here, and quite a few computers linked together, I never met a problem by using Ethernet cables when it comes to speed, try buying an different one.
Try reinstalling the driver. Every Wireless USB has an CD delivered with it.
Install the CD. Check again. ;)
Greetz,
Lynx™
(04-30-2011, 11:21 AM)|Z3R0| Wrote: I have had my computer working/struggling with connecting to the internet for a while. My set up was a Broadcom 802.11G Network Adapter (Internal) which was connected to a Linksys WRT54G Wireless router which is connected to a Motorola SB5101U Cable Modem. I was getting a connection speed of about 0.5-1.5MB/s (Data from speedtest.net or whatever)
My brother left to college recently so I snagged his Linksys G USB Network Adapter from his old computer to see if it would increase my speed. Just the position my computer/desk was, was making the connection terrible. After connecting the USB adapter my speeds rocketed to 16+MB/s.
Now comes the problem(s), for some reason the USB adapter can't connect to my router even though it could before. Running the troubleshooter comes up with an error "The Diagnostic Policy Service Is Not Running" and from what I've read on the internet to fix that I would need to reinstall windows to fix it, which is my last option I am looking at. What drives me crazy is the fact that my internal adapter still works so I'm back to slow internet while I wait for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
|Z3R0|

Please post some pictures Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make my PC as wireless Router debasishsahu4u 2 1,178 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Wireless not working «Ðartz™» 18 5,150 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Setting up 2 Wireless Routers - does it help chuckbytes 2 1,304 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Having trouble with Wireless Internet JMEG 4 1,556 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Wireless Lan Speed NAT 8 1,672 12-25-2019, 11:29 PM