Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you stay motivated in school?
I ust to be like you, wanting the best grades there are, however during the last year of high school i was simply like cant be asked, ill service of benefits and so on and so forth, the last 1 month hit me hard i realised i had done nothing by "wagging" school and not bothering..

Anyway, my motivation before the last year was to earn to best grades possible, to earn to most amount of money possible.. etc
I personally just set little goals throughout the school day, for example like when I get to Geometry I know my day is more than half way over, etc. Also, just look forward to the little things.
Usually in class, I'm in High School btw, I do like a good 20 minutes of work, then I talk a bit, then I do like an hour of work, then I allow myself to talk a little longer. I basically reward myself with social time for doing incremented periods of work until I'm done.
"Just do it."
- Nike

Actually though, when I actually went to High School that's what I did, just did it.
I'd talk and at the same time be thinking of what I'm going to write for the next question.

Now I do Independent Learning, and I just sit around and do work when I want.
[Image: baked1.png]
I don't. My grades have been horrible since 7th grade.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(03-18-2011, 11:10 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: I was a really bright and eager student from elementary to middle school. Then somewhere from middle to high school, I started gaining interests in other things, like my writing, and started slacking off. Still graduated, but just barely.

Now in college, I'm finding it really hard to keep interest in studies at all. I'm in classes that are interesting and that I really like (sociology for instance, is something I've been highly interested in for a long time). But I can't stay focused on anything. I'm busy worrying about real life issues now, like my husband's work, our life together, and balancing family and internet commitments that school is...just really boring. My parents are paying for my tuition so I can't just drop out and their point of view is that I should only be focused on my studies because school is first. But how do I get motivated to study again when there are ten thousand other distractions around and I have no real desire to? :/

I'm not sure if this will work for you but this is how I view college. Its 4 years of your life...not that big of a portion of it. However the impact of these 4 years can be so huge. If you actually try in college you can get very good jobs making lots of money and can be set for the rest of your life. I didnt try as hard in high school (still got into a top 100) college. But now I just keep thinking what are you doing. This can determine the rest of your life, what job you get, how much money that job pays and its only 4 years.
I make myself think that I have to do it and not that I want to do and no matter what it will be due.
Study is something which is of no use seriously.. I mean u actually learn things when u start earning and working and when u actually see the world not y cramming things up and scoring 100%. Even i also hate studying.. I mean what the hell are we supposed to do with polynomials or algebra.. or for instance what happened in 1800 or before that...
Like some1 above said that I dont like studying but I HAVE TO study...
You should try and concentrate and study in quite places... Give ur exams and just start working somewhere and that's where u will actually learn stuff.

All the best Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
I just think about the future; you don't want to be a drop-out, living on 50k a year. How could you ever raise a family like that. Even if you had a spouse to support you, times are getting tougher. I would want to make enough to support my family and enjoy life to it's fullest; and if it means going to school, I'll do it!
4 years high school
4 years university
OPTIONAL 2 years masters
70+ years rest of your life

Smile that's how i do it