Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm addicted to coco powder.
(03-20-2011, 07:07 AM)Mao Wrote: Sir, Dopamine is a substance in your brain that signals the activity of your sympathetic or "fight or flight" nervous system which makes you more active, making you move a lot, using some energy. While chocolate can do a similar thing in a smaller scale, chocolate candy bars do contain sugar, which is a good source of excess energy (without being full, being full directs blood flow to the digestive system, decreasing the blood flow in our brain, making us a bit sleepy/lazy), thus making you quite active.

And sir, Cocaine, I believe, comes from "coca" leaves (what "coca-cola" is named after, they used cocaine a long time before), and chocolate comes from Cacao beans.

I may not have my bachelor's degree yet, but I currently am taking up Medical Technology. I'm not stating this to brag, but merely to say that what I said above is (more or less) quite legitimate, and is what is being taught to us students.

So, you're missing my point entirely.

You're still loading excess sugar on top of a diet of
food that automatically breaks down into sugar at some point.

Pretty sure 99% of food breaks down into/has sugar,
and you're still trying to justify adding more useless calories to your diet.

Just as I'm justifying the use of cocaine in excess to your daily diet/routine.

And I'm pretty sure that Cacao is a chinese name, and has no relation to
the plant you're talking about.
(03-20-2011, 07:15 AM)Mous Wrote: So, you're missing my point entirely.

You're still loading excess sugar on top of a diet of
food that automatically breaks down into sugar at some point.

Pretty sure 99% of food breaks down into/has sugar,
and you're still trying to justify adding more useless calories to your diet.

Just as I'm justifying the use of cocaine in excess to your daily diet/routine.

And I'm pretty sure that Cacao is a chinese name, and has no relation to
the plant you're talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobroma_cacao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_leaves

Anyways, I'm not trying to justify being unhealthy or anything.
Chocolate is a treat, it tastes very good, and it just so happens to have some health benefits if taken in moderation. It just makes you fat if you eat too much, and fat makes you die if you have too much of it. Moderation is the keyword here. And by the way, Cocaine is a dangerous drug; chocolate isn't.

I rest my case sir, I can tell you a lot of scientific jargon (not to underestimate your understanding) but in the end, it all boils down to what you want to believe. *Avoiding chocolate is healthy, in the sense that you won't be consuming excess sugar.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
Substitute the powder for a more natural alternative and you shouldn't have a problem. I'm sure at a local wholefoods or something you can find some good cocoa with a lot less sugar content.
I don't splel check.
(03-20-2011, 07:23 AM)Mao Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobroma_cacao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_leaves

Anyways, I'm not trying to justify being unhealthy or anything.
Chocolate is a treat, it tastes very good, and it just so happens to have some health benefits if taken in moderation. It just makes you fat if you eat too much, and fat makes you die if you have too much of it. Moderation is the keyword here. And by the way, Cocaine is a dangerous drug; chocolate isn't.

I rest my case sir, I can tell you a lot of scientific jargon (not to underestimate your understanding) but in the end, it all boils down to what you want to believe. *Avoiding chocolate is healthy, in the sense that you won't be consuming excess sugar.

The thing is, even if chocolate has antioxidants, and does *whatever*
All that is negated by the fact you're eating empty calories. Any antioxidants
that would help you stay healthy automatically are ignored because of the
naturally unhealthy manner of chocolate. You said a family sized bar a day,
which if we're talking milk chocolate, is the equivalent of a small meal.

Also, chocolate is addicting, just like most things. Because of the dopamine,sugar/caffeine, this isn't just psychological.

I drink around 2 spoons of nesquick a day in a glass of milk in the morning, 5 spoons sounds just a tad unhealthy though.
Nutritionists Mous and Mao, should I replace the 2 spoons of nesquik with a spoon of nescafe?
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
(03-20-2011, 08:01 AM)wtftwice Wrote: I drink around 2 spoons of nesquick a day in a glass of milk in the morning, 5 spoons sounds just a tad unhealthy though.
Nutritionists Mous and Mao, should I replace the 2 spoons of nesquik with a spoon of nescafe?

Nah, replace with 2 lines of coke.
(03-20-2011, 08:02 AM)Mous Wrote: Nah, replace with 2 lines of coke.

Unfortunately I do not know any trustworthy drug dealers in my area. Sad
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
(03-20-2011, 08:06 AM)wtftwice Wrote: Unfortunately I do not know any trustworthy drug dealers in my area. Sad

Aww :<

Sad day.