Support Forums

Full Version: I think I'm addicted to coco powder.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any of you guys, who knows this coco powder that you mix with milk?
I think I'm addicted to it. I drink like 7-10 cups a day.

It's not pure coco, since you're mixing a bit of powder with milk, but can this be seriously unhealthy?

I am a sporty guy, and I'm working out 4-5 times a week.
Cocoa powder is actually not bad for you at all in moderation (assuming it's actual cocoa powder and not Nesquik or similar), milk is also a great source of protein. Just try to cut down a little if you really are drinking that much per day, too much of anything is bad for you.
Everything's unhealthy in massive excess. But I don't think you've hit that point yet. On the bright side, it sounds like you're drinking a lot of milk. And you work all of that off by working out.

Curious, is it baking cocoa powder? Like the kind that for chocolate milk or hot cocoa, you'd have to add sugar for? Or is it like a powder brand like Nesquik? I can't handle baking cocoa powder by itself, too bitter o.o
It's these powder brands, like Nesquick.
Right now, I got a whole bottle of Nesquick powder beside me o_o
Oh wow. I think they're high in sugar. Check the nutritional label. Then again with Nesquik the suggested serving size or whatever is like two spoonfuls of the stuff and that's never enough flavor for me. So if you're using more than the suggested serving in an excess of 7-10 cups per day, that is a little unhealthy. If you can work off all of the sugar and carbs when you work out, you should be fine, but be careful with all that.
I'm only doing like 1-2 spoons.
And I think it was a little overkill to say 7-10 a day.
Maybe 5, max.
(03-18-2011, 10:31 AM)DaBaws Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only doing like 1-2 spoons.
And I think it was a little overkill to say 7-10 a day.
Maybe 5, max.

What's the brand name?
He said it was Nesquik.

@DaBaws ah, okay. There may be a suggested serving for how many cups you're supposed to have a day but again, if you work it off then you shouldn't gain weight. If there's any negative consequences for drinking a lot of milk though, I'm not sure (the only thing I can think of are those milk ads like "gives you calcium! makes you grow!")
There's a small amount of fat in milk, but I'm rather skinny, so that fat is not a problem.
I'm more thinking of like, stuff that isn't healthy for, diseases and such.
I don't know if you can see where I'm going?
(03-18-2011, 10:40 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: [ -> ]He said it was Nesquik.

@DaBaws ah, okay. There may be a suggested serving for how many cups you're supposed to have a day but again, if you work it off then you shouldn't gain weight. If there's any negative consequences for drinking a lot of milk though, I'm not sure (the only thing I can think of are those milk ads like "gives you calcium! makes you grow!")

Using nesquick powder, at how much he drinks in a day,
he consumes roughly 1,320 calories just from the chocolate drinks alone.

And that was calculated using skim milk.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dyabetus is a disease.
Pages: 1 2 3