Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirroring your password
Something that I do with my passwords is called mirroring and this is how you do it.

Let's say your password is "Computer"

First thing you do is mirror it so it would turn into "ComputerretupmoC"

Then in the mirrored version I always symbol it up so my password would end up something like this "Computerr3tupm0C".

This is a very useful way to use passwords because it is as easy to remember as your original password and as far as I know there are no brute force programs out there that mirror passwords (yet). It also extends the length of your password greatly as you can see above it took a 8 character password and changed it into a 16 character password

A few things to remember:

Symbols and Caps don't make you safe. There are brute force programs out there that have symbol dictionaries and lists so if your password is 1L1k3p13 (I Like Pie) it can be cracked.

The longer your Password is the harder it will be to be cracked by man or machine.

Always use Caps and Symbols if you can even though they can be cracked they make it much harder.

I know I used "Computer" as an example of a password in my short tut but, really it would be an easy one to crack so please don't use it although when mirrored it makes a pretty good password as you can see so mirroring common ordinary words and throwing some symbols in there can make a decent password.

Never, ever put any thing that is personal to you in a password such as dates, pet names, cities, schools, kids names anything like that. There are people out there called "Social Engineers" that can get info off of you by means of facebook/myspace, Aim/Trillian/MSN/Skype, or just everyday face to face chat that can figure out passwords by getting your personal information off of you.

If you use these techniques and warnings that I posted above you should be okay when it comes to having safe personal data.

I hope I helped someone and please feel free to ask any questions.Ninja
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
A good read. Though, I must emphasize that the use of brute-forcers has decreased significantly. I suggest providing instructions on how to mirror a text, in case someone asks.
That's a pretty great tutorial you have posted.
Aww. Its kinda hard to remember which word you transformed in number and which not :/
Or, just use a password ona foreign language. Helps doesent it?
This is a great tutorial. There are also other ways I think are better. For example convert your password to for example MD5 for people who want a very secure password.
Or check out my application, it is literally the master password creator of present day guys. Try it out won't you, it has a lot of functions for scrambling passwords.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=18448

[Image: 6fd026326a763c2b21b6a974dd0392fb.png]
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(05-07-2011, 04:08 PM)The High Roller Wrote: Or check out my application, it is literally the master password creator of present day guys. Try it out won't you, it has a lot of functions for scrambling passwords.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=18448

[Image: 6fd026326a763c2b21b6a974dd0392fb.png]

That software is useful if you can write somewhere the password, since it is impossible to remember the last password o.o
Very nice tutorial. Thanks for the share.
Quote:That software is useful if you can write somewhere the password, since it is impossible to remember the last password o.o

Indeed. Well I always carry a USB drive with me. In it is a Notepad file containing the password. Roflmao

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Password Security - LastPass Peter L 19 4,789 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Reaper
  What do you think of Kaspersky Password Manager Death Disturbance 2 1,101 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: SolidShellSecurity
  [TuT]How To Prevent Password Stealers SlimDeath 16 3,290 11-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  [TUT] Create s strong password Tuoseli 37 6,917 11-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Nirmal
  Password Managers? Epicly 6 2,127 05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Resistance