Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the Sony issues?
(03-13-2011, 03:30 PM)-paradox- Wrote: Sony is saying that we don't own our consoles. He's pissed off that we can't do what we want with the product we bought. The product we paid for and took home. We can throw our consoles, hit them with bats, do what we want. IT'S MY PS3. I PAYED FOR IT.

Technically that's not true as the law has made some changes. It's very complicated.

And some news references about WTF you're talking about would have been nice.

Check this crazy thing out: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterf...isito.html?

Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-13-2011, 11:30 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Technically that's not true as the law has made some changes. It's very complicated.

And some news references about WTF you're talking about would have been nice.

Check this crazy thing out: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterf...isito.html?

Read that about a week ago, total bullshit. Sony has access to all of his accounts, files, etc. Now our info, too? BS.
I honestly think Sony is being a little extreme by gathering the IPs of people who visited the hacker' site. Microsoft simply was figuring out how to make a new firmware to stop them which I guess did take longer but is way more ethical than simply sueing everyone who they think is doing it.

The people who visited his site might not have even breached Sony's rules but simply looked at the hacker's videos. Sony isn't taking it well..
(03-13-2011, 11:10 AM)Scalise Wrote: At least Sony cares about their security.

More than one can say about Microsoft...

Total opposites. All Xbox exploits have been patched for the most part. There are still a couple like dvd drive flashing but not much.
Take it up with Sony.
Active
Didn't this happen for a few different hacking groups?

I'm pretty sure M33 was one of them. (they're primarily a group dedicated to PSP hacks)
But, the long and short of that story is Sony released a firmware that was supposed to prevent
hackers from making custom firmware via downgrading etc. So M33 USED that firmware to downgrade,
aand by uising Sony made stuff, and releasing the downgrader online, sony caught on and sued them for using their firmware.

(If I remembeer correctly)
It's definitely final. I will never buy another Sony product again (bar one. Dark Souls). Otherwise, they are dead. One of the worst companies in the world. And I'll certainly be messing with MY console in the future.
You agreed to Sony's Terms of Service when you checked that little box as you were making your PSN account.

Now you wish to complain about the policies you agreed to? This is strictly business, it's all in writing.
The IP grab is definitely an issue. This happened in the UK and then Sony is going to take info it obtained there to bring suit here in USA. Not sure that's going to work though. Privacy groups are going to be all over this.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Honestly, sony is doing the right thing. They worked for years on the PS3, and some guy that hacks iPhones comes along and destroys their years of work. Although I used George Hotz's PS3 jailbreak, and i must say. It wasn't that great. Now if it was anything like an iPod Jailbreak it would hit the roof.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary? X-SiiZZLE 2 537 11-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Graveee
  Need For Speed: The Run ThoughtS? prodigyfan 22 2,042 11-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Nirmal
  Are you Excited about the Sony Vita? Richard Runz 17 1,624 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Kom
  Your thoughts in... iCrack 19 1,372 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: epic
  New Xbox 360 ? Thoughts ? Tears 25 2,657 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Glamour