Support Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on the Sony issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you guys don't know what is going on just post and I'll tell you. If you do know, post your opinions.

I think Sony should stop before it gets worse. I know I won't be buying a Sony product anytime soon and a lot of people are doing the same.
Not a clue what's going on, haha. I have a PS3 but I rarely go online.

I do know that PSN was offline because whiteboy made a video about it Tongue
Nah thats different. Pretty much Sony removed linux from the ps3, hackers got mad and released hacks for the ps3, sony sued the hackers, etc.
At least Sony cares about their security.

More than one can say about Microsoft...
(03-13-2011, 11:10 AM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]At least Sony cares about their security.

More than one can say about Microsoft...

Well that's the thing. The hacker (geohot) was using linux offline for testing and reverse engineering purposes. At that point there were no mods and he was just messing around for himself. Then sony took away linux. Geohot said "look just give it back; I'll tell you the best way or I'll put it back myself." Then he put it back himself by releasing the cheats.

So, if sony never removed linux (something that was harming no one) Sony would be fine.
Unfortunately, Sony seems to be at a point where their egos have been hurt. They've been riding on the "unhackable PS3" until geohot took it upon himself to hack it, and now Sony feels like they need to get back at him. They are absolutely ridiculous, and have shown time and time again that the customers matter not to them. They have stated that we do not own our own PS3 systems, and they are allowed to add or remove any features that they wish. Think, they are able to go in and delete your whole harddrive, and you wouldn't be able to say anything.
I hate that Sony is doing this. Hotz isn't even doing this to pirate games anymore. He's just pissed off, like many are, that Sony is saying that we don't own our consoles. He's pissed off that we can't do what we want with the product we bought. The product we paid for and took home. We can throw our consoles, hit them with bats, do what we want. IT'S MY PS3. I PAYED FOR IT.

I understand they don't want anyone to pirate games but it's going to happen. The best way to prevent piracy is to provide free updates for your games. I'm pretty sure the creator of minecraft said the same thing. Stop with securom and crap because we'll hack it. Instead give your customers what they want and provide updates making pirating annoying.
They have stated that we do not own our own PS3 systems, and they are allowed to add or remove any features that they wish. yes, i agree with you.

Pages: 1 2 3