Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What forum software??
Okay what forum software should I use for my web site Vbulletin, mybb, or phpbb??
MyBB is the best.

Or IPB/vB if you have the money.
PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol. Go with MyBB. No reason to spend money on a forum, at least at first. Other than a domain and hosting charges. Don't spend the $180 for VB
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Grizzly Wrote: PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol. Go with MyBB. No reason to spend money on a forum, at least at first. Other than a domain and hosting charges. Don't spend the $180 for VB

I agree with him, but, spend the money on MyBB themes maybe, and stuff like that.

But search first! Thumbsup
Yep MyBB for sure. Subscribe to a few plugin sites if you have to but even thats optional.
You can get a perfectly good forum running like this one for nothing.
Good luck mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I'd also recommend MyBB because it's probably one of the safer softwares. There are far less exploits for MyBB and it has a huge arsenal of plugins which will be really useful for spicing up your forum. Good luck.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
(10-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Grizzly Wrote: PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol.

Only if you use phpbb 2, which for some reason a lot of people still use, even though phpbb 3 is much better.

I recommend phpBB3, its great, used it many times and never had a problem with it.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
I do not use any software ...i use www.forumotion.net

for making forums.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
Okay I have chosen to use mybb and I have just finished getting my joomla and forum databases to sync users.
Grats. Now, just check out www.mybbcentral.com, www.mybboard.net, and www.mybbsource.com for some plugins.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 930 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  best free forum software Miku 21 4,579 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Best Forum Software? Tubby 13 2,328 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Vote Your Favourite Forum Software of 2012! BreShiE 24 3,743 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: webdev77
  Favourite Forum Software? Mark Webber 89 13,397 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Dube