Support Forums

Full Version: What forum software??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay what forum software should I use for my web site Vbulletin, mybb, or phpbb??
MyBB is the best.

Or IPB/vB if you have the money.
PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol. Go with MyBB. No reason to spend money on a forum, at least at first. Other than a domain and hosting charges. Don't spend the $180 for VB
(10-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol. Go with MyBB. No reason to spend money on a forum, at least at first. Other than a domain and hosting charges. Don't spend the $180 for VB

I agree with him, but, spend the money on MyBB themes maybe, and stuff like that.

But search first! Thumbsup
Yep MyBB for sure. Subscribe to a few plugin sites if you have to but even thats optional.
You can get a perfectly good forum running like this one for nothing.
Good luck mate.
I'd also recommend MyBB because it's probably one of the safer softwares. There are far less exploits for MyBB and it has a huge arsenal of plugins which will be really useful for spicing up your forum. Good luck.
(10-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]PHPBB gets hacked all the time lol.

Only if you use phpbb 2, which for some reason a lot of people still use, even though phpbb 3 is much better.

I recommend phpBB3, its great, used it many times and never had a problem with it.
I do not use any software ...i use www.forumotion.net

for making forums.
Okay I have chosen to use mybb and I have just finished getting my joomla and forum databases to sync users.
Grats. Now, just check out www.mybbcentral.com, www.mybboard.net, and www.mybbsource.com for some plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3