Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Online Antivirus Scanners
(03-10-2011, 03:14 PM)Bugsy Wrote: Ok, the list I have compiled are the ones I have tried and tested personally apart from one which was requested, they are trusted by myself and many others, any other I have not listed is because of unsatisfactory results and not being trust worthy in my eyes ;-)

I thought you said you were an expert? Tongue
ESET is one of the main ones and I would recommend it above others on your list.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
eset isn't as reliable is it once was like many other that i have not listed. out all free online scanners I have tested the best one in the list is "virus total" eset didn't even come close.

sorry to have had disappointed you
[Image: bugsysigpicv5_-2.png]
(03-10-2011, 03:27 PM)Bugsy Wrote: eset isn't as reliable is it once was like many other that i have not listed. out all free online scanners I have tested the best one in the list is "virus total" eset didn't even come close.

I would agree on that one. Virus Total, and NoVirusThanks are the only 2 I ever use, because they are reputable multi-scanners.
(03-10-2011, 03:27 PM)Bugsy Wrote: eset isn't as reliable is it once was like many other that i have not listed. out all free online scanners I have tested the best one in the list is "virus total" eset didn't even come close.

I agree virus total is the best but ESET is still up there and is fairly reliable.
I don't think you're an expert at all now. Smile

(03-10-2011, 03:34 PM)Infinity Wrote: Virus Total, and NoVirusThanks are the only 2 I ever use, because they are reputable multi-scanners.

They would be my top 2.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
VirusTotal is the best, if you're not testing your piece of malware.
Btw, I've got some Scan4You accounts with unlimited scans for sale, anyone interested?
[Image: leaocomletras2.png]
Hurt the one you love and you'll be hurting your life. 'Nuff said.
LOL lets agree to disagree Untouch Thumbsup

Nice sig btw
[Image: bugsysigpicv5_-2.png]
(03-10-2011, 03:35 PM)Untouch Wrote: I agree virus total is the best but ESET is still up there and is fairly reliable.
I don't think you're an expert at all now. Smile

ESET is just a singular scanner, there are multi-scanners in that list that are way better for scanning files online. It could be a part of the list, but he said that he only made the list based on the ones that he's used, and which ones he's found most effective.

(03-10-2011, 03:37 PM)killamuvz Wrote: VirusTotal is the best, if you're not testing your piece of malware.
Btw, I've got some Scan4You accounts with unlimited scans for sale, anyone interested?

There's better free scanners in this list that are more commonly known than that in my opinion. Why you would have to pay for a scan is beyond me.
(03-10-2011, 03:38 PM)Infinity Wrote: ESET is just a singular scanner, there are multi-scanners in that list that are way better for scanning files online. It could be a part of the list, but he said that he only made the list based on the ones that he's used, and which ones he's found most effective.

(03-10-2011, 03:37 PM)killamuvz Wrote: VirusTotal is the best, if you're not testing your piece of malware.
There's better free scanners in this list that are more commonly known than that in my opinion. Why you would have to pay for a scan is beyond me.

The only problem is that they share your files..
(03-10-2011, 03:41 PM)killamuvz Wrote: The only problem is that they share your files..

Wrong, you uncheck the distribute file checkbox to disable it from doing that. I know theres an option on NoVirusThanks for that.

Code:
[ ] Do not distribute the sample
An NVT has only 9 AV's now...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 46,651 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  I need a free Antivirus w/ file scanner! Scalise 25 4,629 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Online Virus Scanners & Malware Analyzers List Akinova 10 4,285 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  Mega Thread: Firewalls, Antivirus and Other security tools Linxy 3 1,821 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: LiamLC
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 11,994 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB