Support Forums

Full Version: Free Online Antivirus Scanners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Online Antivirus Scanners

An online virus scanner should never be considered a substitute for an installed antivirus scanner. But if you suspect your installed antivirus is missing a threat or you simply want a second opinion, an online scanner can be a valuable adjunct to security. Each of the following online scanners are considered best-of-breed and can offer important adjunct protection.

avast! Online Scanner

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan

Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner

F-Secure Online Virus Scanner

Jotti

Kaspersky Online Scanner "Coming Soon"

Kaspersky Online File Scanner

McAfee FreeScan

Panda ActiveScan and Malware Radar

Symantec security and virus checks

Trend Micro HouseCall

Virus Total

NoVirusThanks

All Information and scanner's are directed straight to sources.
Really nice list Smile Very useful post, I know that some people only know about maybe 2 or 3 others, but the most popular and commonly known ones are Virus Total, and NoVirusThanks. (Which by the way, you haven't added in that list yet )
Thanks Infinity, Virus total is the last on the list ;-)
(03-10-2011, 02:55 PM)Bugsy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Infinity, Virus total is the last on the list ;-)

NoVirusThanks isn't on the list though

novirusthanks.org, the scanner is listed on the services link at:

Code:
http://vscan.novirusthanks.org/
Done. ;-)
I use virus total but I know most of the others there. May be useful for some.
If I'm still not sure I ask an expert I know who'll work his magic and make me look bad. Big Grin
I am an expert ;-)
The list is complete to my knowledge of the most reputable online scanners now. There's a few newer ones in there that I haven't seen before, but I think that's pretty much that list that anyone needs. I don't think I would trust any other file scanners outside of this list to detect anything that those ones already cannot.
What about eset? it's a big one too.
Ok, the list I have compiled are the ones I have tried and tested personally apart from one which was requested, they are trusted by myself and many others, any other I have not listed is because of unsatisfactory results and not being trust worthy in my eyes ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6