Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to Build a Custom PC
(03-07-2011, 04:12 PM)Deltron Wrote: I don't get what you want me to do. Recommend manufacturers for each computer part?
Like have different kinds of setups for different reasons.

Gaming comp: you want this motherboard with this RAM and this AMD processor. Stuff like that. Its all compatible and its a good choice...
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-07-2011, 04:36 PM)Codad Law Wrote: Like have different kinds of setups for different reasons.

Gaming comp: you want this motherboard with this RAM and this AMD processor. Stuff like that. Its all compatible and its a good choice...

Stuff like that is all dependent on what the user wants and what their budget is.

I can't really give you a set of parts that you can't afford, do you know what I mean?
(03-07-2011, 04:39 PM)Deltron Wrote: Stuff like that is all dependent on what the user wants and what their budget is.

I can't really give you a set of parts that you can't afford, do you know what I mean?
Yeah, I gotcha. It would take a while to make a list of multiple setups for multiple price ranges. Anyways, I can't wait to hear your opinions on Intel and AMD. I'm an AMD guy myself.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

(03-07-2011, 04:44 PM)Codad Law Wrote: Yeah, I gotcha. It would take a while to make a list of multiple setups for multiple price ranges. Anyways, I can't wait to hear your opinions on Intel and AMD. I'm an AMD guy myself.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Hopefully my guide will leave you open-minded after reading it.
Nice share bro, thanks.
(03-07-2011, 12:20 AM)Deltron Wrote: I thought that would be common sense for most, but I will add it in for those who aren't very familiar with choosing their parts.

I am also thinking of making a guide on how to choose the actual parts for a custom PC. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add it in tomorrow.
Yes you should, I think this tutorial inspired me to make my own computer now. I would like to see more tutorials on the subject of building computers as they seem very beneficial to most people who don't know how to build a computer like my self.
(03-07-2011, 08:35 PM)RDCA Wrote: Yes you should, I think this tutorial inspired me to make my own computer now. I would like to see more tutorials on the subject of building computers as they seem very beneficial to most people who don't know how to build a computer like my self.

If you need help choosing out your parts, check out Nemmyy's guide on Picking Parts For Your Custom Built Computer.

If you need personal assistance, I would be more than happy to pick out parts for your build. Either post a thread or send me a PM with your budget, what you are going to be using it for, etc.

I have removed three pictures due to the limit of only ten. The links of the pictures are still available. My apologies.
(03-07-2011, 10:52 PM)Deltron Wrote: If you need help choosing out your parts, check out Nemmyy's guide on Picking Parts For Your Custom Built Computer.

If you need personal assistance, I would be more than happy to pick out parts for your build. Either post a thread or send me a PM with your budget, what you are going to be using it for, etc.

I have removed three pictures due to the limit of only ten. The links of the pictures are still available. My apologies.

That is very nice of you. What site do you prefer newegg or tiger direct? Or do you use another?
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

(03-07-2011, 10:53 PM)Codad Law Wrote: That is very nice of you. What site do you prefer newegg or tiger direct? Or do you use another?

If you are located in the USA, I would definitely purchase your parts with Newegg. Their reliability, fast shipping, and low prices has made me a devoted customer.

I have only ordered a couple parts with Tiger Direct, and all was fine also. Great website.

All in all, I would recommend Newegg over any other site, that is if you are in the USA, and Tiger Direct if Newegg is out of stock, out of your shipping range, etc.
(03-07-2011, 10:55 PM)Deltron Wrote: If you are located in the USA, I would definitely purchase your parts with Newegg. Their reliability, fast shipping, and low prices has made me a devoted customer.

I have only ordered a couple parts with Tiger Direct, and all was fine also. Great website.

All in all, I would recommend Newegg over any other site, that is if you are in the USA, and Tiger Direct if Newegg is out of stock, out of your shipping range, etc.
I have only used TD, but if you prefer Newegg I will definitely test em out next time.
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How would I improve my computer build? Sykez 8 2,230 05-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Last Post: hunterweston
  Rate My $2500~ Build Froggy 5 1,076 10-28-2014, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Reama
  New build 900$/600£ budget ÜB3R 5 1,689 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest
  Post your Build! 4Y4T3M 3 1,209 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest
  Need 6 servers Build out for self. $250 usd to best build Fallenour 0 607 08-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Fallenour