Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bad habit.
I'm from Denmark, and still up.
I just reached 3 AM.

The day tommorow is not so tough anyways, but it's definetly something I need to get rid of.
I do the same thing. I just know I have to get up in the morning and deal with it. I will try to get in naps in classes that are easy. That seems to help, even though its not the best thing to do.
I used to be able to sleep whenever. Then I joined the military at first it was sleep at about 2100 (9 pm for those that don't know) and wake up at 0430 with no issues. Then I went to Iraq where you would be lucky to get 4 or 5 hours of sleep in 3 or 4 days. The fact being if you were out in the field sleep was almost impossible from fear of attack. At the base since the insurgents didn't have the balls to attack during the day they would fire mortars and rockets into the base at night which would cause a lot of sleepless nights just waiting for one of those rounds to decrease your body size so you can fit in a thimble. Honestly as long as you get 5 or 6 hours of sleep your good.
[Image: sfsig.png]
I'm having this kind of problem too. sometimes I just don't feel heading to bed and sleep. This started happening after my injury and sickness and now, it's hard to start over again and keep a good workout routine to keep myself sleeping in the right time.

And now, i'm pretty sloppy and hard to keep my motivation. Although, I'm trying to heat up myself by watching motivational music or a clip video in youtube.
I also tries to keep my schedule in check...hopefully I can stop this kind of bad habit.
I used to have this but i found a way to get to sleep fairly fast(Worked for me).
Lie absolutely still on your back,put your arms on your body(As though crossed),shut your eyes and lie there dead still.
Its also good to repeat something in your head such as "I will go to sleep" and then your mind will start drifting towards what happened during the day,dont fight it and you drift off.
I wouldn't say it's really an issue but I stay up all night on weekdays sometimes :l .
Take some sleeping pills, or go to the doctor.
Can damage you, your body won't be as strong as it would usually be as if you was getting enough sleep.

Try sleeping in the daytime or taking sleeping pills.
Active
I used to have panic attacks and suffer from insomnia which would disturb my regular sleep cycles so I'd regularly go to bed late such as yourself.

What I did was buy Melatonin supplements at local vitamin shops. It's the chemical your brain releases that causes your sense of tiredness, and will help regulate yourself back into a "normal" sleep cycle.

It worked for me, and it knocks you out like NOTHING. But a couple benadryll works too Tongue
I'm just scared to use medicine.
Can't I become addicted, to use it, otherwise I can't fall asleep, or something?