Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations on having over 1000 members!
Quote:It's a little disappointing imo, to see those other sites listed with 'support'
as part of their names,

The concern is how to be part of that list. Getting into top 3 is vital to any site. If you can achieve #1 for a good keyword you have traffic. From there you grow.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-20-2009, 08:11 AM)Omniscient Wrote: The concern is how to be part of that list. Getting into top 3 is vital to any site. If you can achieve #1 for a good keyword you have traffic. From there you grow.

Well, how to get into the list, I can truly say that I know nothing about that, but I don't imagine it's that simple.

I don't know much about how keywords work either, but imagine that if you had a really unique one for example, in among other tags,
if it works like that, then everybody searching for that particular word, whatever it might be, would be directed to your site, if nobody else, or few others had it.

Well, I said that I don't know much about it, and that probably sounded like a bit of a ramble.

You referred to SEO, some days ago, which I had to look up, as I had no clue what it meant then, but having read about it, it looks like that there's quite a lot to it.

But the number of members, seems to be increasing quite steadily,
maybe not as many as you would really like just yet, but it's still early days though, isn't it?

I don't know the exact date when SF opened its portal lfor the first time, but I registered on the 4th of this month,
although it says the 5th of this month in the User CP, and it was fairly quiet here at that time, if I recall,
and I'm surprised I don't have a screen grab of the member list for that date, for posterity, as I have one for the 'account already activated' page,
just after I registered. Sod's law, I've heard that described as.

But anyhow, there have now been a total of 18,462 posts in 1,753 threads, with 1,143 members registered.

I don't know why I'm saying this, because you obviously know this, but,
to me, that seems pretty good going in how many days?

Theorising, if the site was opened here, on Oct 1, for example, that would work out at about 839 posts per day, but the actual start-up date, is probably different to that guess.

I'm sure that there must have been many other sites, many, many thousands probably, that have started up, yet have not gotten to anywhere near this amount yet.

So from an amateur point of view, it looks like the site is doing fine,
as a relatively new start-up, but I imagine that it can only go onwards and upwards from here on out!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
We have about 600 posts per day right now and 20-25 registrations. That's not terrible by a long shot. I'd like that to double within 2-3 months though.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-17-2009, 02:01 AM)Pins222 Wrote: 1 million posts seems overwhelming.
Think of all the questions, answers, comments, spam, feedback, flaming, stuttering, suggestions, racism, sarcasm, whimpering, stupidity, sentances, words, letters, puncuation, avatars, signiatures, bad grammar, useless threads, game threads, crack heads, pot heads, poor people, rep complaints, asskissing to Omni, begs to be a mod, long posts, short posts, and complete illiteracy.
That's going to be one crazy day here.

EDIT: As they come to me, I will keep updating this posts with things that are going to happen here.

Hopefully it will be more quality than quantity.
I hope this site will soon be as popular as Omnis' other popular site, H*.net.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 12:58 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We have about 600 posts per day right now and 20-25 registrations. That's not terrible by a long shot. I'd like that to double within 2-3 months though.

No, 600 a day is pretty good for such a relatively new site methinks.
My guess is that within 3 months it will be probably more than double though.

Like many others here, I feel it's only going to do much better in the near future
and I'm looking forward to seeing a number 1 ranking as well, it's only a matter of time.

Like you said, it's a lot to do with the SEO, which I wish you good fortune with that!!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure we will hit 1mil posts before the other forum did.. It's picked up pretty damn quick to be honest.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Conngratz on this omni Smile
Yeah, congratulations :O
Congratulatians, although i'm late. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congratulations to Fragma! Peter L 33 4,372 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Genuine
  Congratulations to Solidus Sam 50 6,999 06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Deranged
  Congratulations Sam The Elite 25 3,724 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Sam