Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations on having over 1000 members!
Just as the title says, that's great!

I am looking forward to the day, when I log in, and see the banner, announcing that 1,000,000 posts have been made!

I don't know how long that will take, 1 year, maybe 2/3?

I hope to still be around to see that when it happens, as I feel that it surely will happen at some point.

Here's to the next 1000 members!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yay SF ^^ Hopefully it doesn't take that long to get 1million posts, but who knows? Big Grin
(10-17-2009, 12:19 AM)PaNiK Wrote: At the rate we're going, it shouldn't be too long. I'd like to see one celebrating 100,000 or maybe 500,000 first, though Big Grin

We could suffer from the time space continuum breaking down and we could experience one million before five hundred thousand. crap happens.
somehow the forum will be big and alot of pro web-masters come here
I am your Father
(10-17-2009, 12:42 AM)Alpha Wrote: We could suffer from the time space continuum breaking down and we could experience one million before five hundred thousand. crap happens.

Saying that, that seems to suggest that we could actually read some posts, before they have even been posted...Smile

Heck, I have a problem reading some posts even after they've been posted :o
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-17-2009, 12:19 AM)PaNiK Wrote: At the rate we're going, it shouldn't be too long. I'd like to see one celebrating 100,000 or maybe 500,000 first, though Big Grin

You are right of course, one step at a time eh...;)

Maybe a little competition could be set up?

I know that it is a long-term scenario, but maybe that will make it also appealing for members who plan on hanging here, for the long-term.
You know, something to look forward to, something that may possibly get to be a little exciting, the closer it gets.

The idea would be, to just guess the date of the probable millionth post.
With date and time, so if multiple entries are made for the same date, then the time would be the deciding factor.

The closest guess, could take the prize, which could be, I don't know, but something simple, maybe a special type of membership,
such as L33t or VIP, should they exist then, though some of us may have reached the equivalent of that status by then, a small amount of dollar$ perhaps...Smile,
or maybe just a funky badge that says something like,

'I won the guess the millionth post date competiton, I rock!'

Just a mad idea, but it could be fun. although I'm not aware of the technical aspects of setting something like this up, so it may be implausible.

But that date will come, I have strong feelings about that, it's just a case of......when....Smile?

OK, here goes, my suggestion is 27 July 2012, 00:01 AM, on local SF server time.

Any takers....?
(10-17-2009, 01:45 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Heck, I have a problem reading some posts even after they've been posted :o

Hehe, I know what you mean...;)

1 million posts seems overwhelming.
Think of all the questions, answers, comments, spam, feedback, flaming, stuttering, suggestions, racism, sarcasm, whimpering, stupidity, sentances, words, letters, puncuation, avatars, signiatures, bad grammar, useless threads, game threads, crack heads, pot heads, poor people, rep complaints, asskissing to Omni, begs to be a mod, long posts, short posts, and complete illiteracy.
That's going to be one crazy day here.

EDIT: As they come to me, I will keep updating this posts with things that are going to happen here.
Confused
(10-17-2009, 02:01 AM)Pins222 Wrote: 1 million posts seems overwhelming.
Think of all the questions, answers, comments, spam, feedback, flaming, stuttering, suggestions, racism, sarcasm, whimpering, stupidity, sentances, words, letters, puncuation, and complete illiteracy.

EDIT: As they come to me, I will keep updating this posts with things that are going to happen here.

Hehe, but let's just hope that the nastier elements on that list there,
do not number that many.

(10-17-2009, 02:01 AM)Pins222 Wrote: 1 million posts seems overwhelming.
Think of all the questions, answers, comments, spam, feedback, flaming, stuttering, suggestions, racism, sarcasm, whimpering, stupidity, sentances, words, letters, puncuation, avatars, signiatures, bad grammar, useless threads, game threads, crack heads, pot heads, poor people, rep complaints, asskissing to Omni, begs to be a mod, long posts, short posts, and complete illiteracy.

Amusing..I hope within a year we hit 1 million posts but that's a lot to ask for. We need to start ranking in the search engines. Just 2 days ago Google finally indexed our home page properly. We have only 150 pages indexed and that needs to be 10 times that. Once we start getting search engine traffic I believe we can really start to grow. Websites now all depend on Google for that natural traffic. It's difficult to get a site popular by advertising and banners.

I have more SEO and promotion to do on this site but it's going to take some time.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congratulations to Fragma! Peter L 33 4,372 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Genuine
  Congratulations to Solidus Sam 50 6,999 06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Deranged
  Congratulations Sam The Elite 25 3,724 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Congratulations to Yin, HJT Squad Leader Eve 48 15,442 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Kyuubi
  Congratulations SF 100k Posts! Sam 26 5,875 08-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Mia