Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound lagging problem - really annoying
update the driver or check your internet speeds if your listening to music online
(03-03-2011, 07:37 PM)windows 7 was my idea Wrote: update the driver or check your internet speeds if your listening to music online

He said it happens with online and offline music
thanks to all for the answers. I downloeaded the drivers fro win7 from the asus site and installed them. its still the same. That all sound- games, movies, mp3 everything. Its like music plays and sometimes a "ZZZZT" or RRRT is heard for like 0.001 seconds . With headphones is the same. I noticed when the lag happens the mouse also lags - like its left behind and then catches up for a tiny bit of the second. Strange thing is none of this happened before. I installed linux and when I swithced back to win this started happening. CPU now is at 15-20% and RAM is about 950MB of 2GB total. Probably the reason is the CPU having sudden peaks but why this havent happened before?
edit: i noticed Im with my first avatar here from a long time ago. lol did some rollback happened
(03-05-2011, 08:56 AM)Treblez Wrote: thanks to all for the answers. I downloeaded the drivers fro win7 from the asus site and installed them. its still the same. That all sound- games, movies, mp3 everything. Its like music plays and sometimes a "ZZZZT" or RRRT is heard for like 0.001 seconds . With headphones is the same. I noticed when the lag happens the mouse also lags - like its left behind and then catches up for a tiny bit of the second. Strange thing is none of this happened before. I installed linux and when I swithced back to win this started happening. CPU now is at 15-20% and RAM is about 950MB of 2GB total. Probably the reason is the CPU having sudden peaks but why this havent happened before?
edit: i noticed Im with my first avatar here from a long time ago. lol did some rollback happened

If your CPU is spiking, you might want to check the event viewer to see what's going on in there.
Sounds to me like it could be the H/D.
The H/D can get bad sectors, and give a like "jumping" affect when attempting to listen to music watch videos etc.

If this is correct, you will also have noticed a longer boot time, and slower responses from your pc, also watching videos will also be broken.

If all of the above is not correct, then you need more RAM.
[Image: s1.jpg]
(03-05-2011, 12:53 PM)phire nuk3r Wrote: Sounds to me like it could be the H/D.
The H/D can get bad sectors, and give a like "jumping" affect when attempting to listen to music watch videos etc.

If this is correct, you will also have noticed a longer boot time, and slower responses from your pc, also watching videos will also be broken.

If all of the above is not correct, then you need more RAM.

if I have bad sectors can I fix them ? also can I get bad sectors from when I resized and moved partitions under linux ?
I was watching the performance of the processors and I notices sudden peaks without any obvious reason. The lags is heard when those peaks occur. I checked events viewer and here are the events I found that I think may be relevant.
Quote:Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00FF97085594. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
I know there is some problem with the DHCP server of my ISP and sometimes I cant connect to the internet and I have to run a command in CMD. I unplugged the LAN cable but the lag still happens.

Quote:CPU time stamp frequency has changed from 943108 to 1994879 ticks per millisecond. The new frequency will be used.
source: MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS

I stopped the service, but the lag still happens. Im pretty sure the RAM is enough because it had perfect sound for 2 years now. Any other ideas ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDD's Sound malfoy_G_PIR 2 748 10-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Aura
  Sound issue -URGENT Ruzlier 2 754 05-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Mugetsu.
  Sound isn't working rite Ruzlier 25 3,842 02-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  HDMI sound output not working Ruzlier 2 776 11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  sound card nertz01 9 1,701 10-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Last Post: nertz01