Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound isn't working rite
Ok, I had this on Hackforums already, and no one helped.

A little bit ago, I used headphones for a few minuets, then my sound would not work. This would only happen to something plugged in the back of the motherboard, not the front PC connection. It would be patchy, It would play for a few seconds stop, and repeat. For no reason it stopped.

Then, a few days ago, I used headphones again, and it happened, AGAIN. Only a lot worst. I thought it was an issue with the front connector, like it was stuck and kept outputing sound through it, and not the back of the mobo, so I kind of blew it out, thinking something would happen.
Nothing did.
So now, I plugged the speaker cable into the front of the PC, and everything works fine. BUT whenever I go on youtube, it will play sound for a few seconds, then stop. This is weird.
I'm not sure what you're trying to explain here...

But so far I can understand this much though:
1) Plugged in headphones, and sound would not work after
2) Sound doesn't work only when some sound devide is plugged into the back connections, but the front PC headphone jacks work fine?
3) Your sound plays and stops, then repeats for no reason

So I need to clear that up, and also just a question, are you using Itunes?

Reading a bit further I see Youtube does the same however... Have you checked to see what your default sound playback device was set to? And does this only glitch with your headphones or does it do this with your speakers too?

Also, one last thing I would check is your Event Viewer. (Go to Start Menu > Type in "Event Viewer" (without quotes) > Hit Enter)
My mum has a similar problem, she can have sound within the first 5 minutes of being on, but after that, the sound will disappear and not come back, and the laptop says that it can't detect an audio device.
(01-21-2012, 10:28 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I'm not sure what you're trying to explain here...

But so far I can understand this much though:
1) Plugged in headphones, and sound would not work after
2) Sound doesn't work only when some sound devide is plugged into the back connections, but the front PC headphone jacks work fine?
3) Your sound plays and stops, then repeats for no reason

So I need to clear that up, and also just a question, are you using Itunes?

Reading a bit further I see Youtube does the same however... Have you checked to see what your default sound playback device was set to? And does this only glitch with your headphones or does it do this with your speakers too?

Also, one last thing I would check is your Event Viewer. (Go to Start Menu > Type in "Event Viewer" (without quotes) > Hit Enter)
It only happens to my speakers, if I have them plugged directly into the MOBO. This issue didn't start untill I used headphones, so I think something is broken in the input on the case, which is why now, that I have the speakers plugged into the front of the case, the sound works.
BUT, youtube won't work, no matter where I have it plugged in.
Can you screenshot your mixer view, with ALL of the devices, and also screenshot the playback properties? What is your default device set on?

Instead of youtube, can you play anything from a site like soundcloud for example? Test. Try to play this:
http://soundcloud.com/agniveshbaghel/dem...-uplifting
(01-21-2012, 11:28 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Can you screenshot your mixer view, with ALL of the devices, and also screenshot the playback properties? What is your default device set on?

Instead of youtube, can you play anything from a site like soundcloud for example? Test. Try to play this:
http://soundcloud.com/agniveshbaghel/dem...-uplifting

Soundcloud works. It is Youtube that doesn't. A few other video sites like Liveleak don't either.

[Image: c83538c44c8a97d4a7c54335a1b8c3aa.png?1327177450]

[Image: 8f3074ac90c33b58ad766a358bc7ee1e.png?1327177494]

As I said, everything was working untill I used headphones one day. I plugged the headphones into the front, NOT unplugging the speakers. The headphones played the sound perfectly. Since I have removed the headphones, the sound has been patchy if the speakers are connected VIA the back of the mobo. I now have it plugged into the front of the computer case, but now I have this youtube issue.
YT works now, but sound is still fudged up..
What are the remaining devices in the second screenshot? It's a scrolled view, and i'm missing the top few devices.

Also, what do you use these (HDMI) Digital Output Device's for exactly? And have you checked your Realtek settings in your Control Panel?
(01-24-2012, 07:25 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: What are the remaining devices in the second screenshot? It's a scrolled view, and i'm missing the top few devices.

Also, what do you use these (HDMI) Digital Output Device's for exactly? And have you checked your Realtek settings in your Control Panel?

Yes, I have, and I do not use any of the HDMI outputs....
OK, now, it is patchy in both the front and back of the case, and Youtube won't work again. Its started after I ran my virtual box, so I did what fixed it before (clear cache, and clean registry.) But it did not fix it this time.

So many freakin issues with my computer -_-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDD's Sound malfoy_G_PIR 2 748 10-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Aura
  Sound issue -URGENT Ruzlier 2 753 05-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Mugetsu.
  HDMI sound output not working Ruzlier 2 775 11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  Sound lagging problem - really annoying Treblez 16 3,930 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Treblez
  sound card nertz01 9 1,691 10-30-2009, 04:51 PM