Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] Create s strong password
(03-28-2011, 06:03 AM)The Doctor Wrote: I personally find a numeric sequence around 25 digits long suits me fine,its a collection of numbers which all mean something to me.

What do you do when a password requires a character?
I don't splel check.
Keyloggers can get your password no matter what it is, although this security will be better for brute attacks.
(03-28-2011, 04:53 PM)Intel Wrote: Keyloggers can get your password no matter what it is, although this security will be better for brute attacks.

Not all of them 'record' all keystamps though. So it's a little more secure if you mix it up a bit with less known characters if the password database will support them.

If you want a stronger password, there's sites that will give you suggestions on stronger passwords, and ones that will tell you the strength of a certain password as well.

I also created a text ecrypter here:

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid182181

Which you can use for stronger passwords.
(03-28-2011, 05:27 PM)Infinity Wrote: Not all of them 'record' all keystamps though. So it's a little more secure if you mix it up a bit with less known characters if the password database will support them.

If you want a stronger password, there's sites that will give you suggestions on stronger passwords, and ones that will tell you the strength of a certain password as well.

I also created a text ecrypter here:

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid182181

Which you can use for stronger passwords.
Try using KeyScrambler.
It makes it so if someone tries to keylog you they will just end up seeing random junk(Given me a BSOD once though,but it may be something to do with it conflicting with my strange sleep i put my computer into)

(03-28-2011, 11:23 AM)Scalise Wrote: What do you do when a password requires a character?
Add a word to the start,ussually someones name i know.
Many passwords being stolen aren't from keyloggers, they are from stealers. Prevent your passwords from being stolen by telling your browser not to remember them.
great tut bro i think this will help alot of people out
This isn't the right forum to advertise hacking tools. -Staff
(04-01-2011, 06:19 AM)r0yaL Wrote: Many passwords being stolen aren't from keyloggers, they are from stealers. Prevent your passwords from being stolen by telling your browser not to remember them.

I'd recommend disabling any autologon cache scripts from your website as well, especially if you were an administrator since that's one part of the logon process that is slightly exploitable as well. Since you're on that topic.

No password is secure though, so I wouldn't download a key scrambler just for that, if you really wanted to stop a keylogger from getting the password you could save the password into a text file or something on your computer and copy/paste it into the text fields if you were that worried about it.. Keyloggers would only see the Ctrl + V keys in whatever way the keylogger was designed to echo that information.

You can't do anything if someone has full remote access to your system though.
Don't really know the method is going to keep away the keyloggers from getting your passwords, but I suggest having your passwords on copy and paste would be a better way. Smile Also, some Keyloggers have an anti-keysrambler feature so you're not protected from Keyscrambler either.
(04-02-2011, 08:24 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'd recommend disabling any autologon cache scripts from your website as well, especially if you were an administrator since that's one part of the logon process that is slightly exploitable as well. Since you're on that topic.

No password is secure though, so I wouldn't download a key scrambler just for that, if you really wanted to stop a keylogger from getting the password you could save the password into a text file or something on your computer and copy/paste it into the text fields if you were that worried about it.. Keyloggers would only see the Ctrl + V keys in whatever way the keylogger was designed to echo that information.

You can't do anything if someone has full remote access to your system though.
nice info bro,its more secure if we use this trick..^_--
I never though about turning my password upside down.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Password Security - LastPass Peter L 19 4,796 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Reaper
  What do you think of Kaspersky Password Manager Death Disturbance 2 1,103 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: SolidShellSecurity
  [TUT]Removing Vista Security 2011[/TUT] Brandenx781 8 6,971 03-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Alreiger
  [TuT]How To Prevent Password Stealers SlimDeath 16 3,322 11-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  [TuT] How to do a quick secondary scan for Spyware [TuT] Cyber-Security 1 1,055 07-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Drakon