Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make my computer a monster
Ohh, alright lol well there's other factors, I was just wondering since if you plug in all your devices on a single USB hub the total bandwidth gets divided between the devices connected.

Have you tried using different ports? I have USB3.0 on my computer which I find pretty fast for transfer rates.
(01-13-2011, 06:53 PM)Infinity Wrote: Ohh, alright lol well there's other factors, I was just wondering since if you plug in all your devices on a single USB hub the total bandwidth gets divided between the devices connected.

Have you tried using different ports? I have USB3.0 on my computer which I find pretty fast for transfer rates.

Yes, I've tried that. The results were the same.
do you have a dedicated Video Card. i got a head ache when i read the one you posted. Big Grin
(01-13-2011, 10:20 PM)Dexdrex007 Wrote: do you have a dedicated Video Card. i got a head ache when i read the one you posted. Big Grin

How can I check? And in the case that I don't, I'm not looking to buy anything, like I stated in the OP.
Maybe you can read this article http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/...ngly-fast/

Is your friend computer network adapter fixed?
[Image: death.png]
(01-13-2011, 11:40 PM)Death Trap™ Wrote: Maybe you can read this article http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/...ngly-fast/

Is your friend computer network adapter fixed?

Alright I'll check it out and no, but he bought a recovery disc. We're just waiting on it now. Tbh, I'm hoping that the recovery disc doesn't work either because it'll prove that the system/OS is corrupted and that we didn't miss any steps.

Edit: That list is rather outdated and was made before Windows 7's release. Not to mention, I've done most of them already. The rest are mere preferences.
(01-13-2011, 10:43 PM)Solidify Wrote: How can I check? And in the case that I don't, I'm not looking to buy anything, like I stated in the OP.

Post a screenshot of Speccy.
I would use system restore, then go to msconfig and for your startup processes, delte the ones you dont want or use. Then i would use tuneup utilities, get avira and malwarebytes to destroy all the harmful things on your comp. maybe even before that run some combofix to get rid of useless things, remove programs you dont use and there is your monster comp that is fast and virus free.
(01-15-2011, 10:51 PM)RRain Wrote: I would use system restore, then go to msconfig and for your startup processes, delte the ones you dont want or use. Then i would use tuneup utilities, get avira and malwarebytes to destroy all the harmful things on your comp. maybe even before that run some combofix to get rid of useless things, remove programs you dont use and there is your monster comp that is fast and virus free.

I dont understand using system restore though. He isn't having any problems, unless you mean for him to clean out some system restore points? but I dont know how that would help the issue. He wanted to know how he can speed up data transfer rate on his computer from usb file transfer for example.

(01-15-2011, 11:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: I dont understand using system restore though. He isn't having any problems, unless you mean for him to clean out some system restore points? but I dont know how that would help the issue. He wanted to know how he can speed up data transfer rate on his computer from usb file transfer for example.

Exactly. Any advice on how to do that?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make Your Computer Faster By Installing Virtual Memory[Tutorial] ๖ۣۜмσg тιмєz 1 1,034 12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Last Post: SkyWalker