Support Forums

Full Version: Make my computer a monster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This may seem like a pointless thread to some but it's worth a shot.

I'm a very tedious individual. As a result, everything has to running at it's tip-top finest. I've been rather bored on my computer for the past several months and took the opportunity to optimize it to its fullest potential. I run scans almost every day and try to reduce junk as much as possible.

I don't wish to spend anymore money on my computer with regards to hardware or even software if need be, although I doubt there's something that can't be found on torrent sites. Regardless, what I'm asking for is as follows:

I want to make my computer run as smooth, quickly and efficiently as possible. Give me suggestions as to what I should do to achieve that goal (IE: what internet browser do you recommend, etc.)

Here's what I have so far. MBAM, ESET Online Scanner, Avast AV (Free Edition), Auslogic Boostspeed. I run each application at least once a week to the mere exclusion of Auslogic, for which I run every day.

I have both Firefox and Opera browsers installed on my system although I only use Opera.

My system properties.

Any advice will be considered.
I suggest you looking into CC cleaner, unless you already have a different program that does the same thing.
(01-13-2011, 02:53 PM)wisd0m Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you looking into CC cleaner, unless you already have a different program that does the same thing.

I only have what I listed.
(01-13-2011, 02:56 PM)Solidify Wrote: [ -> ]I only have what I listed.

Not sure if one of those does that. But I do suggest CC cleaner, many people use it and it is of use to them.
(01-13-2011, 02:57 PM)wisd0m Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if one of those does that. But I do suggest CC cleaner, many people use it and it is of use to them.

Done. Anything else?

I noticed that when I transfer/copy files from one driver to another, whether it be from another location on internal drive or from my drive to the external or USB flash drive, it takes really long to transfer. Is that just my computer's processor speed or can I do something to increase that?

Edit:

I accidentally deleted some files I wasn't supposed to delete with CCleaner and now my internet browser doesn't load all images. How do I fix it?
You can use System Restore.

As for making your computer more efficient, try defragmenting your hard drives. Another option is disabling the Aero theme.

Try searching through Google to find a couple of tricks and tips.
(01-13-2011, 04:54 PM)Google. Wrote: [ -> ]You can use System Restore.

As for making your computer more efficient, try defragmenting your hard drives. Another option is disabling the Aero theme.

Try searching through Google to find a couple of tricks and tips.

I disabled System Restore a while ago to prevent viruses from re-appearing.

Edit: It seems like the images are appearing now for some reason. I'll be more conscious of what I''m removing next time I use CCleaner. Thanks for the help.
While I have this thread open, there's another problem I'd like to address. When I transfer or copy data, whether it be to or from my internal HD, external HD or USB flash drive, the transfer rate is always surprisingly slow. For instance, I'm now copying 1GB of data from external HD to my 2GB USB flash drive with a constant speed of 179 KB/second, which is not what it used to be.

Any ideas?
How many USB Devices do you have plugged into your computer? (when you try to transfer a file). I know there are high speed USB ports on my computer tower as well.
(01-13-2011, 06:50 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]How many USB Devices do you have plugged into your computer? (when you try to transfer a file)

My external HD, printer, USB flash drive, keyboard and wireless mouse transceiver.

Before you say to try it with less, that's how many I've always had when my transfer rate was fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4