Poll: Which linux distro do you recommend me
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mint
9.09%
2 9.09%
Ubuntu
59.09%
13 59.09%
Other . Please tell which one
31.82%
7 31.82%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Linux Distro do you recomend me? [SPECS INSIDE]
Why why why, why is ubuntu best or mint best? Please elaborate. Don't just say that is better than the other please tell me why it's better. I added a poll
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(10-13-2009, 09:19 PM)n4q Wrote: Why why why, why is ubuntu best or mint best? Please elaborate. Don't just say that is better than the other please tell me why it's better.

Mint IS Ubuntu with a few added features. If you're bored with Mint you'll definitely be bored with Ubuntu. Try something else. Fedora or Arch.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-13-2009, 09:19 PM)n4q Wrote: Why why why, why is ubuntu best or mint best? Please elaborate. Don't just say that is better than the other please tell me why it's better. I added a poll

Just install both of them and try it.. it's not like oh this has super awesome features and this one doesn't. The whole meaning of distro is that it's basically the same thing just different in a little places. I use Ubuntu and I think it works fine ;)
I have ubunt, but i never use it!

I always walk away from my computer when I boot, so it always goes to Windows XP automatically!
Load up Arch Linux. When installing you'll learn a lot and you'll love yourself once you get it going. Anyway, all these people recommending Mint are blarghs. Mint is really bloated and has a bunch of useless crap. Cool thing about Arch is that every single package installed is your choice only. Slackware or Gentoo is fun also. IF you want to have fun, get Arch/Gentoo with Gnome or Slackware with KDE. You'll be going VROOM VROOM I'M AWESOME in no time. Ubuntu is for lazy people like me so I dual-boot it with Arch when I don't want to have to do any work to get things done.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
I prefer Ubuntu. Very flexible and you can do so much if you learn Terminal commands. It's quite user friendly too.

Answer: Ubuntu
Support the best of ideas ----->

- http://www.vinceking69.blogspot.com -
I will recommend you Ubuntu
(10-13-2009, 09:00 PM)n4q Wrote: The only problem I had with Ubuntu was that the youtube videos load super slow, does anyone else have this problem?

Are you using the flash 10 download?
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python
Ya it used to be slow. But they made an update for flash and it works perfectly now.
Support the best of ideas ----->

- http://www.vinceking69.blogspot.com -
I personally prefer Opensuse, but it's pretty much just a matter of taste, most Linux distros are quite equal in performance.
If you're looking for fancy, you might want to look into Open GEU.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some body tell me what distro this is? RDCA 18 3,834 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Quickest Linux Distro? Beano 13 7,831 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Epicly
  Threat Kit: Lightweight Pen Testing Distro killerdoob420 0 2,571 01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: killerdoob420
  Etymology of A Distro Eugene 6 1,610 07-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Eugene
  Best distro for web developers and designers...? Dr.Viper 8 2,291 01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™