Support Forums

Full Version: What Linux Distro do you recomend me? [SPECS INSIDE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
4.00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon x300

What Linux distro do you recommend me?
(10-13-2009, 08:42 PM)n4q Wrote: [ -> ]Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
4.00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon x300

What Linux distro do you recommend me?

Your PC is more than capable of booting several distros.

If this is your first time using Linux I recommend Mint. It's user friendly, highly customizable and includes several features that Ubuntu doesn't. If you like Mint try out other distributions such as Fedora and Arch.
I'm using Mint right now, but I find it boring. Is there a simple distro that has lots of capabilities/not to bloated?
(10-13-2009, 08:54 PM)n4q Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Mint right now, but I find it boring. Is there a simple distro that has lots of capabilities/not to bloated?

Fedora/Debian/Mandriva are some of the more popular ones. The only thing you can do is just do some research and from there try them out. If you want an opinion I'd say try Fedora.
Ubuntu sounds good for what you want.

Give it a try. My favorite so far. Got Kde/Gnome/Fluxbox on it. Fast, easy to customize to look sexy. Can get about anything you want from a Linux Distro on it.
x]
The only problem I had with Ubuntu was that the youtube videos load super slow, does anyone else have this problem?
(10-13-2009, 08:59 PM)-NitroX Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu sounds good for what you want.

Give it a try. My favorite so far. Got Kde/Gnome/Fluxbox on it. Fast, easy to customize to look sexy. Can get about anything you want from a Linux Distro on it.
x]

Ubuntu and Mint are like, exactly the same thing.
So did anyone ever have the problems of youtube videos loading insanely slow? My connection is not the problem because I have Verizon FiOS and it only loads slow on Ubuntu.
(10-13-2009, 09:01 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu and Mint are like, exactly the same thing.

Ubuntu was faster when I tried it. And it was the first Distro I tried, so I might have a bias opinion. Still worth a try.
(10-13-2009, 08:44 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Your PC is more than capable of booting several distros.

If this is your first time using Linux I recommend Mint. It's user friendly, highly customizable and includes several features that Ubuntu doesn't. If you like Mint try out other distributions such as Fedora and Arch.

Mint is the best if you ask me :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5