Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heaven -- A poster I designed for my girlfriend's birthday
Not sure what I think about this to be honest.

The texture of the background looks really nice as do the colours but the main focal image needs a lot of work.
Not very keen on the ribbon brushes you've used, they kind of distract you from the whole image.

Text looks really nice and the lighting works very well. I just feel there should be something going on in the main image.
I think with big images like this, there needs to be a reason behind what you've done, and it should be fairly obvious to anybody that looks at it. I can't think of what you were trying to achieve here.

The title heaven does link with the tropical beach, but it needs to look more heavenly, because at the minute, your colour scheme makes me think water, when I probably should be thinking sun & sand.

Sorry If I've came across as slightly harsh, but I know that you can do a lot better with it! Technically, it's a very good image, blending, lighting, etc.. but I feel you need to have a rethink about what message you're actually trying to get across.
(12-13-2010, 07:20 AM)Fragma Wrote: Not sure what I think about this to be honest.

The texture of the background looks really nice as do the colours but the main focal image needs a lot of work.
Not very keen on the ribbon brushes you've used, they kind of distract you from the whole image.

Text looks really nice and the lighting works very well. I just feel there should be something going on in the main image.
I think with big images like this, there needs to be a reason behind what you've done, and it should be fairly obvious to anybody that looks at it. I can't think of what you were trying to achieve here.

The title heaven does link with the tropical beach, but it needs to look more heavenly, because at the minute, your colour scheme makes me think water, when I probably should be thinking sun & sand.

Sorry If I've came across as slightly harsh, but I know that you can do a lot better with it! Technically, it's a very good image, blending, lighting, etc.. but I feel you need to have a rethink about what message you're actually trying to get across.

Thanks for the feedback Fragma. I agree, I would've liked to work on it more and fill out center image, but I procrastinated and had to wrap it up on time for my girlfriend's birthday. As this picture was solely for her, the title Heaven is a thing between us. It's basically our perception of heaven, or what we hope it looks like (including the colors, which I can see why you would think of it as a conflict in this case as everyone probably has very different ideas of what a heaven could look like). I was thinking I should add some planet/space scenery in the sky, because that's also a big part of it that I didn't have time to work on. Also thanks for the feedback on the ribbon brushes distracting from the main image, I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks again. Smile
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a logo designed Bjfox 2 463 08-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  ★ Heaven's Resource Thread ★ Heaven 14 5,574 06-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Trustable
  Happy Birthday Tutorial Buzz Lightyear 12 989 12-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Last Post: T3RRi8Le™