Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is c++ The Best Programming Language to Learn some of Java
You can also start directly with Java. (Whistle)
C# and Java are very similar, but if you want to be an expert in any programming language, learn C++ now. Big Grin
(Otherwise, prefere start with C# rather than C++).
i think java is a better language to learn truthfully .
Yeah, I first learnt C++, it definitely helped a lot when learning Java.
Yeah, I first learnt C++, it definitely helped a lot when learning Java.
If you know nothing about programming i would say c# -> C++ -> java
I learned C++ first. Its really easy you just have to have a brain and time.
Have you already started to learn java? If you have, my recommendation would be to watch some video tutorials. If not, try learning another language instead. My suggestion would be to learn something like C#.
I'm seeing a lot of bad advice here lol. He wants to be a java expert. Hell, keep learning java until you're content with your skills. No reason to learn another language to better understand a language you just learned the basics of.

EDIT:

Do you all really know C++? For some reason I'm having a fair amount of doubt. You may have some of the basics down, but I'm not really sure if that merits proclaiming that you know the language. C++ is a huge language, I'm not sure if it's getting the proper treatment here.
(12-05-2010, 10:28 PM)schneweis Wrote: I want to be a full java expert. im seroiusly dedicated. I already know the basics, and everyone told me if I want to be really good at java I should try some simpler coding languages so I can know what im doing. To me thats true, but im not an expert so is it?

C++ is better and harder than java IMO

I think you should jump strait into java if you want to learn it, but if you insist on learning something else first learn python. It's easy, powerful, and will get you acclimated to OOP.
You should indeed get started with another language like c++

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At What Age Did You Learn C++ Win 66 17,918 12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Neel
  C++ Language Tutorial (Part 1) se7en 36 5,864 11-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Ignite.
  Sorting And Searching Algorithm[Any language] Jitty 0 578 10-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Jitty
  Programming Team Project lil PopTart kid 10 2,402 01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J4P4NM4N
  Help with programming C z3rO88 6 1,714 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Last Post: z3rO88