Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the best thing..
(10-13-2009, 06:41 AM)Headshot Wrote: Aha, cool.. thanks for the list and you spelled maximize wrong. Sleep

Oh my good Gawd! May Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the blessed saints in Heaven preserve us, a typo slipped through the net!

Hehe, thanks for pointing it out, that is one of the rare one's that got away!

I'll have to watch out for those in future...;)
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL, very funny. You're welcome.
Did you know you can run Avast and AVG together? I have done it without problem.

If you are going to use one I would go with Avast. It offers more control plus the option to scan on boot is vital imho. Boot scans catch a lot more than after you boot up.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
You could use two antivirus, but you need to select which one will run the real time protection.
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
I use Avira Security Suite + Comodo Firewall + Always keep HiJackThis and checks each second day + Sandboxie + SuperAntiSpyware and a couple of minor apps.
If you dual-boot, with 2 instances, of the same version of Windows,
then it may be possible to run a different AV application on each OS.

It may be dependant, on whether the alternative OS, is installed onto another partiton, but it may also work,
even if the 2 instances of Windows, were running side by side, on the same partiton, in folders called Windows and Windows1 respectively.

In fact, I did this fairly recently, some months ago, when I tried out AVG, Avast and Avira, in a relatively short period of time, but I can't
exactly remember now, whether they were on seperate partitons in all cases, but I know that they were in some cases.

It would probably be better though, to install the alternative OS, onto a different partition,
which after all, is the recommended method of dual-booting.

This may be advantageous, as it may allow you to test out several, AV applications, on one OS,
in a relatively short period of time, while keeping your favorite AV application, on the other OS.

Having said that though, running multiple versions of Windows on the same partiton, has always been problem free for me,
as my current OS, runs from a folder called Windows2, but there are also folders called Windows and Windows1 as well on the same partiton.

I can just delete the older Windows folders, whenever I want.

I am not sure if this would work for firewalls though
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
On my company's computer i use kaspersky as i get it for free ;)

for the rest,
I use keyscrambler , no script . registery mechanic for watching strange registry changes , networkwatcher for watching any foul man in the middle attacks ( not sure if open too public too download), virtual box for testing apps people send too me.

and the usual stuff