Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the best thing..
..that all of you use, to protect your computer from viruses and things like that and can you mention why? Huh

I use AVG Internet Secuirty and it's Firewall, S&D and HijackThis.

Please, also, if you don't mind.. I'm looking for good, better, AV's or WHATEVER that can keep me safe. I can get it, so just name it and mention why. Also if it's needed, I got Windows XP with 4 GB of RAM.

So lets go. Unsure
(10-11-2009, 12:45 PM)Headshot Wrote: ..that all of you use, to protect your computer from viruses and things like that and can you mention why? Huh

I use AVG Internet Secuirty and it's Firewall, S&D and HijackThis.

Please, also, if you don't mind.. I'm looking for good, better, AV's or WHATEVER that can keep me safe. I can get it, so just name it and mention why. Also if it's needed, I got Windows XP with 4 GB of RAM.

So lets go. Unsure

I use Avast! for my anti-virus. It's very low on resources and extremely effective. I use IOBit Security 360 along side it, click my signature for it. As for a firewall I recommend Online Armor, it's free and one of the best in my opinion.

If you use those and common sense you'll be as safe as you can be.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-11-2009, 12:47 PM)MreGSX Wrote: I use Avast! for my anti-virus. It's very low on resources and extremely effective. I use IOBit Security 360 along side it, click my signature for it. As for a firewall I recommend Online Armor, it's free and one of the best in my opinion.

If you use those and common sense you'll be as safe as you can be.
Thanks man, I really appreciate this.

Which version of Avast and Online Armor do you use? Do you recommend me to get the free ones, or the paid ones?
(10-11-2009, 12:54 PM)Headshot Wrote: Thanks man, I really appreciate this.

Which version of Avast and Online Armor do you use? Do you recommend me to get the free ones, or the paid ones?

The free versions of those programs are all you'll ever need, they cover everything.

If you need links PM me or something.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I already Google'd em, thanks.

So now back to topic, how about everyone else? What does everyone use? I don't want this topic die.
I use avast and zonealarm firewall ATM.
I've got NOD32 along with KeyScrambler and MalwareBytes. Practically have never had any trouble.
I use avast! professional, IOBit Security 360, and Online Armor. Also, I use KeyScrambler.
I have Kaspersky 2010, really really top quality AV and Firewall with an abundance of features. Can't fault it...

In conjunction i use HJT, Key Scrambler, LastPass (best program ever for the control of passwords...) and basic common sense which is the best security of all.
Click the link in my sig, lol.