Stupid Religion
You can't?
Wow...
My school is funded by the state/Gov...
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(11-07-2010, 11:09 AM)Wal-Mart Wrote: You can't?
Wow...
My school is funded by the state/Gov...

Public schools are allowed to teach religion. It would be unconstitutional for the government to say otherwise.

Public schools are limited to how they can approach religion though. They're only allowed to teach it. They may not encourage people to follow a religion or otherwise convert. In short, they may only teach the religion, not preach it. As such, praying in public schools may not be conducted by authority figures; students may pray individually or in groups where no member has been encouraged.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
Wasn't teaching religion banned from schools?
And really, it's not that hard. It are just a bunch of story's.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(11-09-2010, 08:37 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Wasn't teaching religion banned from schools?
And really, it's not that hard. It are just a bunch of story's.

Not Catholic schools, that'd be stupid.
You'll find that when you go to college, and if you go, that you will be required to have atleast 3 credits (usually 1 class) in humanities. Humanities mostly consist of religion. I have to take Religions of the World next semester. If I were you, I would just read the book progressively over the semester, going through the chapter that you are working on. Another thing that will help is just try to have a good attitude towards it. You don't want a class you don't care about to hurt your GPA do you?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I might not graduate for a stupid reason. Xander 16 2,311 12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: andyrew30