Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Parkour/Freerunning
(11-07-2010, 09:55 AM)Science Wrote: Well yeah I learned those, but I can't do a back flip on ground, better on pillow. BTW did you learn how to make the beginner parkour moves like : Simple, Lazy, Monkey, Kong, Dash?

Not yet, I'm just starting this now. I have seen some videos on how to do that sort of stuff. Looks pretty amazing.
If you are just starting out, try to get your vaults down like Science said. Don't worry too much about the front/back flips just yet.
One of my friends is amazing at parkour and he says that taking a gymnastics class really helps.
(11-07-2010, 01:44 PM)Motion Wrote: One of my friends is amazing at parkour and he says that taking a gymnastics class really helps.

That's true, it really does, mainly because of the equipment. You can practice different types of moves, without the huge risk of falling on hard ground and breaking something.
(11-07-2010, 01:44 PM)Motion Wrote: One of my friends is amazing at parkour and he says that taking a gymnastics class really helps.

The only problem is i don't want to go in their alone and look weird. If i could find someone that would want to do this with me around my area i would take gymnastics. Sad
(11-07-2010, 01:51 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: The only problem is i don't want to go in their alone and look weird. If i could find someone that would want to do this with me around my area i would take gymnastics. Sad
If your really serious about doing this you can get a trainer to help you out with that sort of stuff.
(11-07-2010, 02:05 PM)Motion Wrote: If your really serious about doing this you can get a trainer to help you out with that sort of stuff.

How would i go about finding a trainer?
(11-07-2010, 02:08 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: How would i go about finding a trainer?
Gymnastic trainers. You could probally just tell them about what you want to do and they willl help you out with stuff like balance, flips, strength, fastness, and some other stuff.
(11-07-2010, 02:41 PM)Motion Wrote: Gymnastic trainers. You could probally just tell them about what you want to do and they willl help you out with stuff like balance, flips, strength, fastness, and some other stuff.

Ok, i will look into some of this stuff.
http://www.sanfordacademy.org/ <<< This is the only thing in my area that has this sort of stuff.
The only problem is i don't want to go in their and be the only guy. I just want someone else to do it with me.
(11-07-2010, 02:45 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: Ok, i will look into some of this stuff.
http://www.sanfordacademy.org/ <<< This is the only thing in my area that has this sort of stuff.
The only problem is i don't want to go in their and be the only guy. I just want someone else to do it with me.
If that is the only place near you then I say give it a shot and go figure out what they have to offer, but looking at the website all I saw was girls which lead me to believe that its kinda a girls place so you might not be getting that much help. So I say you go check it out and tell them what you want to learn and see if they can help you out an anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gravity Z3RO Parkour smuczerproductions 11 1,879 12-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Νinja
  Freerunning thread. the_legend_nl 8 1,487 12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: the_legend_nl
  Freerunning the_legend_nl 11 1,876 11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Last Post: SniperRiflezzzz
  Parkour Rhythm 23 4,297 08-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Thomas