Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of my new signature?
very nice i like the colors Smile 8/10 Big Grin
[Image: icBx9Y.png]
Doesn't look that good.
You need to do something else with the text at the bottom rather than just putting it ontop of the background.
The main bar in middle looks odd. Maybe blur it slightly and delete the bar where it goes over the text.
Could make the colours more brighter or something, they are looking kind of dull.
With a bit of work it may end up good. Smile
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(11-04-2010, 12:03 PM)Untouch Wrote: Doesn't look that good.
You need to do something else with the text at the bottom rather than just putting it ontop of the background.
The main bar in middle looks odd. Maybe blur it slightly and delete the bar where it goes over the text.
Could make the colours more brighter or something, they are looking kind of dull.
With a bit of work it may end up good. Smile

you need to keep in mind that I was putting the text as a focal point, I wanted all the other text added to not stand out.

The main bar is actually part of the wind effect being overlapped, it's not a line I added in. but I could try and figure something out to make it a little smaller. I didn't want the colors brighter though, the text doesn't stand out when I do that. and adding a stroke to it makes it look bad, which is almost the only thing I could do to differenciate between the text and the jagged line.

People also suggested that I add in more to the black background. In my opinion, i'm not saying i'm perfect, but i've done other samples like that and they are terrible. I dont want anything else. You aren't supposed to add a whole lot if you want a simple image. It just looks like clutter unless you have a gradient to focus everything in on the center like a zooming spot for the eye to attract to. With any abstract art like this, the style is to create contrast. You don't have to fill in all the spaces at all.

Colors look GREAT against a solid black. Thats from my experience, and I always do abstract lol. It's my style. I'm not the best at the main signatures that everyone else does where they add in something as a render from modern warefare and add in some glowing cloud brushes and all that. I dont do action or portrait scenes like that.

Thats the only area where I see things differently then someone else. I create all my stuff from scratch. Makes things more interesting and challenging to me Smile

I find adding a render and working around it to create the overall image is boring. I tried different text, but that doesn't look as good as the original Verdana I had.

For the PSD.. I wasn't expecting to add one in, but if people want one I will put it in for you guys Smile Maybe some of you could post your ideas once I upload the PSD? lol show me how you think it would look and I can get some ideas. It would be really beneficial to me and others as well if you are kind enough to do that. I had no idea what to use as a font, so I kept it simple for now. I think I need feedback on a font to use if more people are saying thats what it needs.
Here is the PSD download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzg6do076lh612s