Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Suggestion] Can't request to join group unless requirements met
(11-03-2010, 10:11 AM)Brandon Wrote: Well it'd be difficult to accomplish as you would need additional custom coding. MyBB doesn't naturally support this.

Groups also(for the most part) have a bit more requirements than post count, so it wouldn't be a genuine benefit to most groups.

It wouldn't be hard to code. Could just not allow users with less than 50 posts to enter the group section.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(11-03-2010, 10:21 AM)Untouch Wrote: It wouldn't be hard to code. Could just not allow users with less than 50 posts to enter the group section.

Yes but it'd be virtually impossible to get actual group requirements coded in. Part of owning a group is having to manage the whole group including who would be accepted and who wouldn't.

I believe you could possibly make it invite only in the admin CP and then the leader could just invite those who have applied.
I'm not concerned with each group's requirements. Omni made a rule that you have to have at least 50 posts to be eligible to join a group, and I keep getting requests from people with less than that.
Maybe this will make mods consider making it like that. That is kind of bad.
(11-03-2010, 10:21 AM)Untouch Wrote: It wouldn't be hard to code. Could just not allow users with less than 50 posts to enter the group section.

Go make it for Omni then.

Thumbsup
(11-03-2010, 02:38 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not concerned with each group's requirements. Omni made a rule that you have to have at least 50 posts to be eligible to join a group, and I keep getting requests from people with less than that.

I'm not refuting that, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the groups category. All I see is:

Quote:For a group to be accepted you must have 10 members willing to be part of your group and those 10 members each must have 50 or more posts. Once your group is created and active leaders can allow or deny any members they wish.

Which states that the 10 initial members of a new group must have 50 posts in order for the group to be created. But once the group is formed (and thus found in the groups section of the User CP) they may accept anybody, regardless of posts.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
Yes, I believe that group requirement is to ward off people who would just invite friends here and get them to join their group. Cheat the system I should say.

So a problem would occur of having people WITHOUT post requirement groups not being able to get into the group.
(11-03-2010, 02:38 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not concerned with each group's requirements. Omni made a rule that you have to have at least 50 posts to be eligible to join a group, and I keep getting requests from people with less than that.

No, he didn't

I wish people would actually read before quoting.

The rule was that in order to create a group you needed a certain amount of members with more than 50 posts.

There is NO rule ANYWHERE stating you must have 50 posts to join a group.
(11-03-2010, 10:11 AM)Brandon Wrote: Well it'd be difficult to accomplish as you would need additional custom coding. MyBB doesn't naturally support this.

Groups also(for the most part) have a bit more requirements than post count, so it wouldn't be a genuine benefit to most groups.
Omniscient can possibly do that, although it wouldn't really get accepted.
He needs to code a custom script only for 1 group?
(11-04-2010, 10:36 AM)Sickshot Wrote: No, he didn't

I wish people would actually read before quoting.

The rule was that in order to create a group you needed a certain amount of members with more than 50 posts.

There is NO rule ANYWHERE stating you must have 50 posts to join a group.

Calm down over there?
You act like my misunderstanding was life-threatening

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webmasters Group Omniscient 12 2,563 08-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Mikey
  I wish more people would join... DreX 32 5,537 08-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Private Group Forums Added Omniscient 34 5,084 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Last Post: FISH
  [Suggestion] Last Visit Colum for Group Management Nemmyy 0 499 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,440 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus