Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Suggestion] Can't request to join group unless requirements met
It's really annoying, I keep getting requests to join my group in the group memberships panel from people with like 10 posts. I even got a kid with 0 posts who requested to join -___-
Just report the post or tell them they are denied.
Why do that, when there can be some simple code added so you can't even apply if you have less than 50 posts?
(11-02-2010, 07:41 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Why do that, when there can be some simple code added so you can't even apply if you have less than 50 posts?

The problem is that every group has their own requirements. Yours may require 50 posts but another might have no post requirement or it may require some different figure. So for this to be effective I'd think Omni would need to allow each group to designate its own post requirement. Unless he makes it policy that to join any group you need a minimum of X amount of posts, and each group may then increase that figure arbitrarily through their own means (as it is now).
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
Don't deny them on post count, give them a interview, or at least a test/task. For instance, I have a low post count here, but a 500+ one on HF.
(11-02-2010, 07:58 PM)n0f4m3 Wrote: Don't deny them on post count, give them a interview, or at least a test/task. For instance, I have a low post count here, but a 500+ one on HF.
Hackforum's stats has nothing to do with this.
[Image: hugs.png]
(11-02-2010, 08:02 PM)hugsyou Wrote: Hackforum's stats has nothing to do with this.
You didn't see my analogy, I'm pointing out that post count doesn't describe the user's skills.
Yes; however if a user has 0 posts it does not show they are dedicated to the site, let alone the group. Even though they may one day be, they have to show it first.
Yes 0 posts is an exception, also 1 posts etc, but 10 posts can be manageable if there intelligent posts. I'm not saying you should accept everyone, I'm just encouraging you to not look at post count and give people a test or task to see their skills.
Well it'd be difficult to accomplish as you would need additional custom coding. MyBB doesn't naturally support this.

Groups also(for the most part) have a bit more requirements than post count, so it wouldn't be a genuine benefit to most groups.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webmasters Group Omniscient 12 2,565 08-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Mikey
  I wish more people would join... DreX 32 5,540 08-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Private Group Forums Added Omniscient 34 5,089 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Last Post: FISH
  [Suggestion] Last Visit Colum for Group Management Nemmyy 0 499 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,440 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus