Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Video Tutorial] How to add Cmd Prompt to Context Menu (Right-Click)
Very nice video tut you did there mate,thanks for sharing Smile
That's really weird,Ninja
(11-14-2010, 02:43 PM)SlimDeath Wrote: Very nice video tut you did there mate,thanks for sharing Smile

Thanks Smile I'm adding a link to a reg file download that will make a key and string value to add the command "Open with Notepad" into your right click menu as well.

It's the same principle, except this is a modification in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT instead.

Open With Notepad
Download the .Reg File here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hxg7l75dd1ld7c1

I find this one VERY useful, and I use it to edit my hosts file. It's a for sure step saver. Be sure to make registry backups all the time when making registry changes or downloading files that will change your registry. Also, make sure to open the reg file up with notepad to visually see the modifications that will be made. This registry file should work with xp, vista, and windows 7.
I even created my own string value and keys for opening files up in photoshop so that I don't have to open photoshop then click open and find the file manually Smile

[Image: 2a010te.jpg]
Thanks mate this help me alot!
nice tutorial,maybe ill need this some day
Thanks OP!
I have downloaded the video
when I boot into windows il use it!
slowly getting better
Nice tutorial looks sweet keep up the good HQ threads and tuts.
Your link was dead so I took the liberty of teaching myself how to create .reg files and I uploaded two.
Open Command Window Here
This shell extension only shows up when your right click on folders
Open with Photoshop
This shell extension only shows up when your right click on the following filetypes: .png, .ico, .jpeg
(04-02-2011, 07:39 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Your link was dead so I took the liberty of teaching myself how to create .reg files and I uploaded two.
Open Command Window Here
This shell extension only shows up when your right click on folders
Open with Photoshop
This shell extension only shows up when your right click on the following filetypes: .png, .ico, .jpeg

For .gif and bitmap images, etc... You wouldn't be able to use the command. I just kept it general and allowed all filetypes. I added the extension for the 64 bit ICO format support for my Photoshop though so it will allow me to open them as well.

it's one of the options in my context menu that I use quite a lot though Smile

You can basically open any file within any program though if you give it a location reference to the program you want it to be opened in. Very good though, I will add that download to the original post in this thread with credits to your profile. I don't always upload to my account on Mediafire so they get deleted sooner than I expect.
Great tut i love it keep it up.
i find this very useful bro nice looking good
This isn't the right forum to advertise hacking tools. -Staff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuToRiAl] Change Command Prompt Text Color [TuToRiAl] Resistance 63 24,553 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  FileTerminator Batch/CMD Script AceInfinity 1 887 08-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Prominent
  FileSort v1.00 CMD Script AceInfinity 7 1,742 08-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Prominent
  [TuToRiAl][ReAd Me] Introducing Windows's Best Friend, Taskkill [ReAd Me][TuToRiAl] Resistance 2 2,474 04-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spectrum
  How To Run Command Prompt When "Disabled" Resistance 11 3,926 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Resistance