Support Forums

Full Version: [Video Tutorial] How to add Cmd Prompt to Context Menu (Right-Click)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6OX-Eg9wo[/yt]
(The video is in 1080p high definition, if you want to follow the video instead. Click on the video to go to Youtube.)

2) Click Ok, and open up the Registry Editor

3)Locate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Folder\Shell"
  • Note: Make a backup of the Shell key and export it to your desktop or somewhere you can remember. Click on shell to highlight it, then go to File> Export, then save.

4) Create a new Key (folder) inside of the "Shell" Key. Name this "Command Prompt" or whatever the text you want to show up in the right click menu.
(Ex: Cmd, Command, Cmd Prompt, etc...)

5) Create a new key inside of the key you just created, and name it "command"

6) Right click on the string value, and click on "Modify"

7) Change the value to "cmd.exe /k pushd %1"

8) Exit registry editor, and right click on a file somewhere on your computer to look for the new option added.

Registry files courtesy of Nemmyy -
Open Command Window Here
This shell extension only shows up when your right click on folders
Open with Photoshop
This shell extension shows up with all file types

Updated:
Open with Photoshop CS5 64 bit.reg
Open with Photoshop CS5 32 bit.reg
Open Command Window Here.reg
That's a pretty neat tutorial you have there, it could come very useful.
Thanks, I only found it useful because if you have a perl script that you want to locate quickly, and the file you want to open in cmd prompt for example is inside of 10 different folders/directories, then you could just go to the file and open cmd prompt from the file, so that the directory of the file you want to execute is already located in the command line.

Perl for educational purposes of course Smile That was just my example. Theres lots of uses for this, and adding this to your registry makes this act as a shortcut to make everything that much faster.
very usefull tut thanks for posting Smile
Thanks for this sick TuT Smile
Will use it !
That is a pretty great tutorial you got there, OP.
I might use this in my next application which will be a notepad only for SupportForums.
I plan on making it when you click on the file "hehe.sf" it actually opens it with the notepad I'm going to program.
(11-06-2010, 09:15 AM)Marik™ Wrote: [ -> ]That is a pretty great tutorial you got there, OP.
I might use this in my next application which will be a notepad only for SupportForums.
I plan on making it when you click on the file "hehe.sf" it actually opens it with the notepad I'm going to program.

sounds good Smile Hope to see this in the future. an application with your own file extension
Great tutorial. To make video tutorials better, add voice! I noticed you also added a brief text tutorial, which helps a lot if the video goes to fast.
Ohh very useful tutorial Smile

I never knew i can add Cmd Prompt to Context Menu
(11-11-2010, 08:59 AM)Herm1t Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh very useful tutorial Smile

I never knew i can add Cmd Prompt to Context Menu

You can add almost anything to the context menu as long as you know the values to input for them and a directory to look for the executable file that is supposed to run. Most aren't really necessary though, I just found this one helped me out with a few shortcuts if you work in cmd prompt a lot Smile

Glad you enjoyed it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4