Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External, External HardDrive Question
As I perform a system image, is it safe that I have a fan blowing under my ExHDD... Wondered if it would damage it but I thought it would be good cooling method.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
It'll be fine. Just don't hit it with the fan. Hehe
(10-23-2010, 07:22 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: It'll be fine. Just don't hit it with the fan. Hehe

Exactly! Big Grin
[Image: t5BWm.png]
yeah, its better, the cooler the better.
Thats an alright idea, as long as the fan doesn't have any powerful magnets inside Smile Motors usually have them, but I dont think that you'd be able to get it close enough to damage the contents. Yeah, it should be fine. I Don't like External Hard Drives, if you aren't going to be moving them around a lot, then theres no real need for them. Some of them aren't as reliable either, depending on what happens to it, also plays a factor since it's out in the open. I always switch mine to internal hard drives anyway. I wouldn't need to transfer large amounts of files and information to another computer anyway. My USB has usually been sufficient for that.

Internal hard drives are my way Smile I used to have a 2TB hard drive, that I replaced with an internal one too
oh btw, make sure the fan will not make any vibrations.
I do the same thing with my external hdd , Its completely fine and I dont think it can cause any damage .
As long as your components are not getting heated up, should be fine
(10-26-2010, 07:37 PM)dexdrex007 Wrote: oh btw, make sure the fan will not make any vibrations.

Be sure to add that to the original post then if you want a higher quality tutorial. Make sure that everything is noted in the first post since most people won't want to read through the entire thread to look for further answers Smile
(10-26-2010, 06:50 PM)Infinity Wrote: Thats an alright idea, as long as the fan doesn't have any powerful magnets inside Smile Motors usually have them, but I dont think that you'd be able to get it close enough to damage the contents. Yeah, it should be fine. I Don't like External Hard Drives, if you aren't going to be moving them around a lot, then theres no real need for them. Some of them aren't as reliable either, depending on what happens to it, also plays a factor since it's out in the open. I always switch mine to internal hard drives anyway. I wouldn't need to transfer large amounts of files and information to another computer anyway. My USB has usually been sufficient for that.

Internal hard drives are my way Smile I used to have a 2TB hard drive, that I replaced with an internal one too

Yeah I learned that lesson the hard way. Broke my 500gb ExHDD the other week, pretty annoyed. It was 2 years worth of data Omg
[Image: FILE.php]
First passed PL on SF.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Remove Gateway Fx Harddrive [pics] orkist 1 764 07-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,815 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  External Hard Drive Keeps Corrupting... JDBar 4 1,865 02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Mystic Guru
  External Hard Drive Katz 11 1,718 12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Last Post: XiX Eb0y XiX
  Need harddrive help bkotz 11 1,789 11-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Matt G