Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Hard Drive Keeps Corrupting...
So I've got a 80GB external Cirago HDD, and I have a problem. I must've jacked it up or something, not sure, but recently any file I put on it becomes corrupted over time. I find the longer it's plugged in and the disk is spinning then the more corrupted files there are on it. I've tried repartitioning and reformatting it and I've had no luck. Tried using the disk error checking thing on Vista and it just closes out without reporting any kind of message. Windows cannot format it, by the way. I had to use EASUS Partition Master to finally format it, but there's still the corruption problem. I've tried formatting it to NTFS and FAT32.

I'm guessing the hardware itself is jacked up or broken but I'm not sure if I still have the receipt for this thing... well, I probably do... hopefully it's still under warranty.

On a related note, when the files are corrupted they all get renamed to things like 06LNST~1.MP3 or NOFF3E~2.MP3 when before they were just normal song titles. Also the metadata for the songs and stuff disappears.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
did you contacted your seller? Maybe is factoqy mistake.
I reccomend you return it, it is obviously a hardware problem my friend.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I'm gonna try. I bought it from Amazon though, so not sure if I'll be able to. We'll see...
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Are you sure you connected it right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,815 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,080 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  Hard drive is fudged please help!!! Codad Law 5 1,073 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  New drive slow Solidify 3 1,980 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  [Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut] Idiot #1 23 7,062 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: elvinguitar