Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unideph - Your one stop solution to web-design
[Image: logoun.png]
I had recently started a new project. My new project Unideph is a project to get people interested and knowledgeable in starting to learn web-development languages. What do you guys thinks?
Visit Unideph

Home page layout created from scratch.
Forums powered by MyBB.

More coming soon...
[Image: pineapple.gif]
The biggest issue for me is how plain your site is. If you're trying to get people to come to your site to learn about web-development languages, I would expect your site to be lookin really sexy
My first perception of your site was based on the logo you put in your post. It's already fairly pixelated and the shadow is not centered with the text. if it's supposed to be an offset shadow the shadow itself wouldn't be bigger than the original image as well.

You want the first page to be mostly for the visuals, not the content. My piece of advice to you. That first page is what motivates the person to WANT to look around your site. Then you can redirect them to what your site has to offer. The color scheme on the first page is really dull in my opinion and the rounded edges are 'straight' curves. If that makes sense lol. They aren't really rounded. But besides that, the links, since there are only 3 of them are really small on the page, and the layout isn't very good to get people looking at those 3 links. For me it's a bit more confusing, even though it's simple it's weird how there is the "About" link when you have no idea what the site is about.

The first page should give you an idea of what your site it about right from the start. I'd suggest adding a slogan or small short description to the main page. Maybe a better logo (quality, size, color, etc..) If you don't have much to put on the front page. Add some pictures! Make the logo bigger to fit the width at the top. Things like that make a difference.

Right now it seems super plain, and boring. You want the experience for people who go to your site to be interesting or exciting, depending on who your tagetting, what your site is about, and how you want to create competition to any opposing websites.

EDIT: add a favicon .ico for your website bookmarking Icon too. One very important thing, but something that beginner webmasters always forget.
(10-21-2010, 01:44 PM)Infinity Wrote: My first perception of your site was based on the logo you put in your post. It's already fairly pixelated and the shadow is not centered with the text. if it's supposed to be an offset shadow the shadow itself wouldn't be bigger than the original image as well.

You want the first page to be mostly for the visuals, not the content. My piece of advice to you. That first page is what motivates the person to WANT to look around your site. Then you can redirect them to what your site has to offer. The color scheme on the first page is really dull in my opinion and the rounded edges are 'straight' curves. If that makes sense lol. They aren't really rounded. But besides that, the links, since there are only 3 of them are really small on the page, and the layout isn't very good to get people looking at those 3 links. For me it's a bit more confusing, even though it's simple it's weird how there is the "About" link when you have no idea what the site is about.

The first page should give you an idea of what your site it about right from the start. I'd suggest adding a slogan or small short description to the main page. Maybe a better logo (quality, size, color, etc..) If you don't have much to put on the front page. Add some pictures! Make the logo bigger to fit the width at the top. Things like that make a difference.

Right now it seems super plain, and boring. You want the experience for people who go to your site to be interesting or exciting, depending on who your tagetting, what your site is about, and how you want to create competition to any opposing websites.

EDIT: add a favicon .ico for your website bookmarking Icon too. One very important thing, but something that beginner webmasters always forget.

Thank you for your oh-so detailed reply. I will look into these issues and will address them with the other staff.

In the meantime, I have some updates!
- Got a new theme for the Forums.
- Added an external login box.
- Has a new logo underway.
[Image: pineapple.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CENTRALPHASE.COM | Review me | Web hosting design X-Ray Vision 3 936 09-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Last Post: john34mart
  Zies Web - Forum Development & Design Community Sam 15 3,227 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Zies Web - Forum Development & Design Community Sam 20 2,885 06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sykez
  Mylesx-Web design Shard 0 446 11-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Shard
  Taco-Cat.com ~ One stop source for tech! Raptor Jesus 10 1,186 11-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Last Post: cheeseburger