Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important: Don't Trust a Registry Cleaner, Never Trust a Registry Cleaner.
Point Proven, I believe so.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Any free registry cleaner has seem to fail for me aswell although they usually say they fix like 2k registry errors.
I have used CCleaner in the past with no issues :S
CCleaner has not negatively effected my computer at all. Heck, it's increased the overall speed of my PC. If you're worried about changing the registry, make a backup before you modify it.
I've used every each of those tools with succesfull results, so i'm just wondering how the hell did they make your computer lag even more if you downloaded every each of them from the official sites. Also using the "Export" feature of registry before making any changes to there is recommended. It's called Backup.
In all, they are all not good because it removes some files you may need as they see it as "junk".
(01-16-2011, 05:47 PM)Hollow™ Wrote: In all, they are all not good because it removes some files you may need as they see it as "junk".

That's why you have the option of choosing what to delete, and what to leave untouched.

The registry is the main blood of the Windows OS and things can go devastatingly wrong if not edited properly. I have used these programs for years and have had no problems but I also know how to edit the registry manually and can spot the files in these cleaners when they prompt you to do the "clean". CCleaner has on a few occasions tried to remove files intrinsic to windows. As someone else mentioned, I would steer clear of the registry cleaners unless firing up regedit on a Friday afternoon is your way of kicking back and relaxing...
(10-16-2010, 01:05 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Hey guys, it's official to say, that ALL registry cleaners are terrible and do not function great at all. Statistics of All Registry Cleaners iv'e ever Used:
  • Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.7.2 (Great, Just Don't Use Registry Cleaner/Fixer)
  • TuneUp Utilities 2010 (Terrible, Don't Use Anything Except SystemControl and WinStyler)
  • Auslogics SpeedBooster (Great, Just Don't Use the Registry Cleaner)
  • CCleaner (Great, Just Don't Use Registry Fixer/Cleaner)

Results With Each of Them:

Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.7.2 gave me an extremely laggy and slow computer after and only after using the registry cleaner.

TuneUp Utilities 2010 gave me a slow computer and the software KILLED the motherboard of 2 of my computers.

Auslogics BoostSpeed had given my new laptop a Blue Screen of Death, REGISTRY_ERROR.

CCleaner has made my computer extremely extremely slow after a Registry Fix.

Be cautious of these softwares, never use a Registry Cleaning Software/Feature if offered to you in any software that speeds your computer.

What are you talking about? Non
I use CCleaner and I don't have problems.Registry fix programs are used to clean some files from your computer and that doesn't have to mean that your computer is going to be much faster!

P.S.You always make a backup of your old registry files and then you start registry check and if something is not good,you can easily restore it.
[Image: N7_LXz.jpg]
Most Registry fix programs are a scam and do nothing to impact the performance of your computer,a few make it better by a TINY amount but most make it worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Important is your CPU When Trying To Run a Game? nevets04 7 1,432 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Last Post: iMario
  [Tutorial] How to use Auslogics Registry Cleaner Codine 8 3,739 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Codine