Support Forums

Full Version: Important: Don't Trust a Registry Cleaner, Never Trust a Registry Cleaner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys, it's official to say, that ALL registry cleaners are terrible and do not function great at all. Statistics of All Registry Cleaners iv'e ever Used:
  • Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.7.2 (Great, Just Don't Use Registry Cleaner/Fixer)
  • TuneUp Utilities 2010 (Terrible, Don't Use Anything Except SystemControl and WinStyler)
  • Auslogics SpeedBooster (Great, Just Don't Use the Registry Cleaner)
  • CCleaner (Great, Just Don't Use Registry Fixer/Cleaner)

Results With Each of Them:

Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.7.2 gave me an extremely laggy and slow computer after and only after using the registry cleaner.

TuneUp Utilities 2010 gave me a slow computer and the software KILLED the motherboard of 2 of my computers.

Auslogics BoostSpeed had given my new laptop a Blue Screen of Death, REGISTRY_ERROR.

CCleaner has made my computer extremely extremely slow after a Registry Fix.

Be cautious of these softwares, never use a Registry Cleaning Software/Feature if offered to you in any software that speeds your computer.
Have you tried Crap Cleaner? I'm curious to know what you have to say about it.
(10-16-2010, 01:54 PM)-paradox- Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Crap Cleaner? I'm curious to know what you have to say about it.

oh my gosh! I forgot about that. That is terrible for a registry cleaner.
Nice one post. TuneUp Utilities 2010 sucks. I used it for a while and didn't worked as I expected.(About system performance of course)
100% Agreeing with you on that one.
Just because you didn't do it right doesn't mean they suck.

Next time make a registry back up before using them.
Been trying to explain this to people for months, you'll have no success.
I've never experienced problems using registry cleaners.
They aren't supposed to dramatically speed up your computer, all it does is remove entries which aren't needed, or repairs broken keys.
The main point is that they aren't guided, they do it for you, if you are an inexperienced computer user, you won't know what it is doing.
If you've downloaded a program from a trusted software vendor, it tells you what it's about to do, and what it has done.
The registry is just too large to find broken keys manually.
Pages: 1 2 3 4