Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important: Don't Trust a Registry Cleaner, Never Trust a Registry Cleaner.
(10-16-2010, 03:03 PM)Sickshot Wrote: Just because you didn't do it right doesn't mean they suck.

Next time make a registry back up before using them.

LOL, registry back-up, think your so smart?

Impossible to make one, only a system image. Which I made a tutorial on myself, is the way to restore it. And they do suck. 120% Sure, when you get a nice, sexy computer crash, tell me.
(10-16-2010, 03:05 PM)Reality Wrote: Been trying to explain this to people for months, you'll have no success.

You Got It! Reality, your username supports your idea on this one.
(10-16-2010, 03:13 PM)Jay Wrote: If you've downloaded a program from a trusted software vendor, it tells you what it's about to do, and what it has done.
The registry is just too large to find broken keys manually.

If you ask me, or probably anybody, these are as far as TRUSTED goes:
Advanced SystemCare Pro 3.7.2
TuneUp Utilities 2010
Auslogics SpeedBooster
CCleaner
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(10-16-2010, 03:15 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: LOL, registry back-up, think your so smart?

Impossible to make one, only a system image. Which I made a tutorial on myself, is the way to restore it. And they do suck. 120% Sure, when you get a nice, sexy computer crash, tell me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

A system restore point is exactly what I meant and you obviously knew that.

Quit being an butthead about it.
I am inclined to agree. Registry cleaners are largely a waste of time IMHO.
Sure the registry does get corrupted from time to time and my honest answer to this is reinstall regularly.
It allows for a quick running system without the bother of a stuffed registry. Again this is just my opinion.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Again, Damink, you are correct Big Grin
I have been explaining this to people since ages,finally people are getting it Victoire
I agree with DAMINK about reinstalling, but I've been using ccleaner forever and haven't had any issues at all
(10-17-2010, 09:43 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: I agree with DAMINK about reinstalling, but I've been using ccleaner forever and haven't had any issues at all

Well, my computer got really messed up... Poor computer... I am just saying its never good. I have had 1 too many bad experiences with those things.
Yeah, i knew and now some body is with me.
I used to use ccleaner. It used to fudge my PC.
I had to format my PC every 10 days cause of that crap.
And never use file fixers. Will fudge up your PC.
My TECH Blog:- http://www.gujjufreak.com
(10-17-2010, 10:00 AM)GuJJu Wrote: Yeah, i knew and now some body is with me.
I used to use ccleaner. It used to fudge my PC.
I had to format my PC every 10 days cause of that crap.
And never use file fixers. Will fudge up your PC.

Actually the file fixer is perfectly OK, the registry fixer is jank.
Registry cleaners are not a bad thing, CCleaner is good. And you can trust it because you should always remember to make a backup of the registry right? Smile Programs that get uninstalled leave behind unused registry values and keys that the registry cleaner gets rid of. It's not a bad idea to use them.

That is actually the reason why your computer seems to slow down after a year or so. All of the useless junk in your registry that uninstalling a program doesn't always take care of. An example of this is Norton. You need to download a Norton uninstaller just to get rid of MOST of the registry keys it leaves behind.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Important is your CPU When Trying To Run a Game? nevets04 7 1,432 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Last Post: iMario
  [Tutorial] How to use Auslogics Registry Cleaner Codine 8 3,739 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Codine