Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are school bags too heavy
I can see a Kindle type device for schools but the problem is market entry. School books are very expensive and I'm sure the companies would be loathe to allow digital books. However you're right and imagine the paper (trees) that would be saved simply by giving every kid a kindle. I'm willing to be it would be cheaper than buying books year after year for each student.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Maybe schools should give students laptops to use during school hours.
(10-12-2010, 08:05 AM)Sam Wrote: Maybe schools should give students laptops to use during school hours.

Most schools have lots of computers for students to use. (Maybe could do with more though, maybe each student in each class could have a computer to work with). Cost aside, I don't think it would be very healthy for students to be staring at a computer screen 6 hours a day for 5 days a week.
Of course it isn't. However I'm at college, every student has a computer to use should they need too. I am not spending hours hand writing notes and assignments anymore and instead of folders with hundreds of pieces of paper I have a USB stick smaller than my finger.
They definitely are too heavy and it might have long-term implications later on. Schools really need to go digital.
[Image: 2rrpier.png]
(10-12-2010, 11:14 AM)amon91 Wrote: They definitely are too heavy and it might have long-term implications later on. Schools really need to go digital.

I'm not so sure it does need to go digital. I can see a future where all humans rely on technology which is not something I look forward to.
(10-12-2010, 11:19 AM)Fragma Wrote: I'm not so sure it does need to go digital. I can see a future where all humans rely on technology which is not something I look forward to.

I assume you have no refrigerator in your household? You walk everywhere because you refuse to own a vehicle, bicycle, skateboard, etc.? You grow and raise everything you eat? Your house doesn't have electricity? You have no mass-manufactured goods in your home (glass cleaner, computers, most furniture, etc.)?

We already are reliant on technology. If we weren't, the human population would be in the low millions at most. We'd be living in small communities, tribes if you will. And we'd be hunting big game with spears made of stone while the women harvested herbs, fruits and vegetables.

Technology is not a bad thing. It has been increasing our standard of living for thousands of years and will continue to do so. The fear of it taking over is known as technophobia. Which truthfully is kind of ironic, considering you're on an Internet discussion forum, accessed and manipulated via technology.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
I only equip my bag when I REALLY need it. Other then that I tend to take the stuff that I need in my hand and make my way to my locker when I need other things.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
(10-12-2010, 01:26 PM)Disease Wrote: I assume you have no refrigerator in your household? You walk everywhere because you refuse to own a vehicle, bicycle, skateboard, etc.? You grow and raise everything you eat? Your house doesn't have electricity? You have no mass-manufactured goods in your home (glass cleaner, computers, most furniture, etc.)?

We already are reliant on technology. If we weren't, the human population would be in the low millions at most. We'd be living in small communities, tribes if you will. And we'd be hunting big game with spears made of stone while the women harvested herbs, fruits and vegetables.

Technology is not a bad thing. It has been increasing our standard of living for thousands of years and will continue to do so. The fear of it taking over is known as technophobia. Which truthfully is kind of ironic, considering you're on an Internet discussion forum, accessed and manipulated via technology.

Lol you've totally taken what I've said out of proportion.. Yes technology is already pretty much everywhere but if you start replacing things like books in school for electronic devices, in my opinion, that's taking things a bit to far. I can see the benefits but I hope in the future we aren't totally reliant upon technology...
I don't go to school so no.

But soon we won't have bags as it will be a paper less future!