Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TuToRiAl] ♦How To Properly Back-Up EVERYTHING on Windows 7/Vista♦
Hello everyone! Today I will be showing how to Back-Up your computer. Back-Ups are very helpful for anyone. Computers are truly unpredictable. I've been a victim of the BSoD and thanks to Windows System Image creator, I backed up my computer and did not have to re-install Windows 7 Ultimate.

(If you ask me, this should be put under important threads.)

What Do System Images back up exactly?

They back up everything including the following: All your documents, pictures, videos, music, software and programs, downloads, desktop, games and even Google chrome bookmarks! Don't forget about your system, your files, your entire registry, system options and tweaks. Everything. Now isn't that amazing? I would love to have one of these so I encourage you to use this great feature Microsoft has created.

Now I am going to be sharing some very important and basic knowledge with you that you should know about if you have a lot of data on your computer, or important data on your computer.

This Tutorial will give you a detailed visual prospective on what exactly to do and when in order to Back Up your computer. This is the most highly recommended way to back it up. Unless you have time travel to prevent the problem from happening before lol.

Windows Vista Back Up Tutorial:

(i.e. View Spoilers for Screenshots)

Requirements for this Tutorial:

The Whole Procedure:

0) Step 0, Read over Instructions before following them.

1) First, plug in your External Hard Drive into your any USB Port in your PC.

2) Next, close the AutoPlay – Unless you have a previous WindowsImageBackup folder on that storage device, you must navigate there and delete the old WindowsImageBackup folder to create the new one. Do Not Overwrite. Overwriting it will completely through off the whole process.

3) Now we can actually begin the Back Up process. First navigate to the Control Panel in Start Menu from the Windows Button in the corner.

4) Select Backup your computer under the System and Security sector.

5) Now Select the Create System Image in the top left corner in the middle of the 3 options you see.

6) After that, the following dialog should pop-up. You should select on a Hard disk, the smartest way to go. Networks may crash and all data is lost. CD/DVD's (i.e. Iv'e never heard of a 100 Gigabyte DVD, maybe a record used for a record player? lol) Scratch, and all data is lost. Hard disks don't. Rarely.

7) Select your External Hard disk as the back up destination. If you have already backed up on the same device, you will get an error.

8) Now what you would really want to see on that dialog is a error free dialog.

9) Next, hit the next button, very simple and easy step to follow.

10) Now select all the partitions of your computer you would like to back up.

11) This conformation dialog should appear that is asking if these are the correct settings you have set. Hit next if you feel you have everything confirmed correctly.

12) Begin the Back Up. Do not modify software/your computer, install new software, or interrupt the process while it is active. Results will be disappointing with modified software in the middle of a process. Thats just a warning.

Your back up will take up to at least 2 hours. Well thats how long it takes me but, seriously, leaving your computer away for 2 hours can save you so many system errors from the future. Very helpful if you modify your system a lot. (like me).

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial on how to fully back up your Windows computer. Please reply if it helped or if you need any help, remember we're all friends, I wont "hack you" lol. Blackhat
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I did a quick read through and it did not appear to suggest that a partition within the same drive is still an acceptable way to backup.
And a way i have used for some time actually.
Nice tut none the less mate. Thanks for that.
Making image backups is VITAL IMHO if you want to get your system up and running again quickly after issues.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-08-2010, 11:37 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I did a quick read through and it did not appear to suggest that a partition within the same drive is still an acceptable way to backup.
And a way i have used for some time actually.
Nice tut none the less mate. Thanks for that.
Making image backups is VITAL IMHO if you want to get your system up and running again quickly after issues.

For sure, and I am always making system changes lol...
Thanks i will be using this now as i need to backup.
Omfg! You guys wont believe what had happened to my computer! When it booted, the whole lanuage changed to all these weird ass characters!... And then it all went down hill till I restored my Computer with System Images!!! WOOT THANK YOU SYSIMARES!
Bump... I hope that this helps someone lol...
This is a helpful tutorial, but very simple.
I think any avid Windows user would be able to figure this out without tutorials.

Nice though, not all of us are avid Windows users.
[Image: baked1.png]
Looks a great guide. Bookmarked it. I had always backup problems because I never did one. I'll make sure to make one now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EaZy TuToRiAl] How to Block 99.9% of Ads on Google Chrome [EaZy TuToRiAl] Resistance 7 1,095 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Microsoft
  Windows Vista Themes Trinit 7 1,400 06-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Joneswilliamsc
  windows vista Rob 7 1,362 06-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Joneswilliamsc
  My USB ports not working properly... thanasis2028 8 1,137 04-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Carb0n F1ber
  [UPDATE] Windows Vista Themes 2 Trinit 2 800 06-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Trinit