Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starting VB
Start learning Visual Basic if you want to start coding crypters and so.
(10-04-2010, 03:37 PM)Fragma Wrote: Just start off with easy tutorials like How to make a calculator etc...

Once you've grasped the basics you can move up a stage, perhaps reading up tutorials on how to interact with websites using HttpWebRequest. Take what knowledge you have after that and try to make your own application without any help. There are plenty of tutorials on Support Forums which are ideal for people starting out. Whats most important for you at the moment is to get to grips with using the Visual Basic compiler.

Learning a language can be easy as long as you enjoy yourself. And once you know Visual Basic, other languages will come even easier to you. You will find that throughout learning the language, you will come across bits of code that may seem useless, basic & not very helpful to you, but it will stay stuck in your head and when you do need it (whatever it may be) you will know how to use it and it will be incredibly useful. (Happens all the time with me).

Another tip would be to read other peoples sources (and I mean read! No leaching). Reading what other people had coded really helped me to understand the language and I was able to take simple snippets of code and implement them into my own applications, later changing them to suit my program if needed.

Anyway I've written quite a lot here so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully this information will be of some help to you and I wish you the best of luck.

(Also, my favourite tutorial would be ones that I have written myself. It feels good knowing you can pass your knowledge onto others).

I will take your advice and go ahead with what you have said. Thanks alot for the detailed post.
Nearly four years and don't regret a single day.
if you know VB, you know C#. thats my quote.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Vb Is a kids language.
(10-13-2010, 12:37 AM)JMK940 Wrote: Vb Is a kids language.

At least give reasoning behind your ridiculous comment?
(10-13-2010, 12:37 AM)JMK940 Wrote: Vb Is a kids language.

Please develop on your comment.
Its just like writing english, if you wish to start programming go with it at first but as soon as you know you are ready, move onto another language.
/tempted

/does it

Learn C++ instead :3
(10-13-2010, 09:35 AM)JMK940 Wrote: Its just like writing english, if you wish to start programming go with it at first but as soon as you know you are ready, move onto another language.

Even with moving onto another language; it is your SECOND language. People always stick to speaking their first language.
Not always, I know people who learned spanish and moved to Spain.