Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starting VB
I'm gonna start re-learning VB.NET.

Just wanted to know SF. What's your favourite tutorials?
I know there's a few threads around but I want to know your favourites.

Also, anyone got a good download link for VB 2008? The microsoft version keeps cheating me. :3
Nearly four years and don't regret a single day.
My favorite tutorial is: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=12256 How to add administrator manifest to your application in VB

I made the tutorial and someone stole it and posted on SF... Btches!!! But thats my favorite tutorial. Someone, (haters) rated it a one star, but that doesn't bother me because it deserves a five.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Yep joining you on this mate.
Decided after much denial that i really want to learn VB.
So im with ya. I will hopefully be able to post some tutorials myself one day here.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-04-2010, 02:54 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yep joining you on this mate.
Decided after much denial that i really want to learn VB.
So im with ya. I will hopefully be able to post some tutorials myself one day here.

Thats what I wanna do. Give back. lol.

And thanks for the Tutorial. I'll use it later. Tongue
I learnt vb 6.0 and vb.net and just started learning java at university now.
All the tutorials I had where on my old college website or in paper which I either don't have or have access to anymore. Sad
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Dam. ):

I'd like to take it in further eduation. I think it's quite fun. xD
Just dig around in youtube find a few e-books on google, searching what works for you is what gets you on top.
[Image: carbon.png]
search youtube for: VB tut
and you will find what you need Smile
Feel free to PM about anything, I'm here to help.
Just start off with easy tutorials like How to make a calculator etc...

Once you've grasped the basics you can move up a stage, perhaps reading up tutorials on how to interact with websites using HttpWebRequest. Take what knowledge you have after that and try to make your own application without any help. There are plenty of tutorials on Support Forums which are ideal for people starting out. Whats most important for you at the moment is to get to grips with using the Visual Basic compiler.

Learning a language can be easy as long as you enjoy yourself. And once you know Visual Basic, other languages will come even easier to you. You will find that throughout learning the language, you will come across bits of code that may seem useless, basic & not very helpful to you, but it will stay stuck in your head and when you do need it (whatever it may be) you will know how to use it and it will be incredibly useful. (Happens all the time with me).

Another tip would be to read other peoples sources (and I mean read! No leaching). Reading what other people had coded really helped me to understand the language and I was able to take simple snippets of code and implement them into my own applications, later changing them to suit my program if needed.

Anyway I've written quite a lot here so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully this information will be of some help to you and I wish you the best of luck.

(Also, my favourite tutorial would be ones that I have written myself. It feels good knowing you can pass your knowledge onto others).
Haha the good old calculator, I think everyone learns that first. Apart from hello world maybe although I never did hello world. Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]