Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am surprised at the lack of a political/religious forum
Title says it, I feel this site would benefit from it greatly, it seems to do quite well and stay mature on HF so imagine what would happen here Thumbsup
I thought about why SF doesn't have one and instantly came to two conclusions:

1. The site isn't all that active enough.
2. I can't see what it has to do with 'support'. Which is why the site's not active enough for it, barely anybody would post in there I reckon..

Though I agree it would stay mature and stuff, just probably not get enough posts to warrant its own section.. can't those threads be posted elsewhere? Like the OSHIT forum. It's only when HF started getting a lot of those type of threads in the Lounge that Omni made a separate section for it.
This is true and I guess since it is support forums, heated debates among members may not be Omni's goal with this one.
I was just kind of looking forward to it Tongue

Good point about the activity but I feel a section like that would have a higher percentage involved here than on HF, for obvious reasons.
I think it'd be better to call it a "Debate" section instead of "political/religious views" because those aren't the only two matters that can be discussed in a debate/argument.

Just saying.
(09-29-2010, 04:59 PM)Sickshot Wrote: I think it'd be better to call it a "Debate" section instead of "political/religious views" because those aren't the only two matters that can be discussed in a debate/argument.

Just saying.

Well I mean political, philosophical and religious should cover every base.
(09-29-2010, 05:40 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Well I mean political, philosophical and religious should cover every base.

It'd be easier to call it "The Debate Section".

It's way shorter and covers all aspects of debating.
(09-29-2010, 05:49 PM)Sickshot Wrote: It'd be easier to call it "The Debate Section".

It is not necessarily just for debates though is it? just any talk on those subjects.
(09-29-2010, 06:27 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: It is not necessarily just for debates though is it? just any talk on those subjects.

True. Naming it "The Debate Section" would limit the topics to strictly debates. Maybe something a tad bit more broad?
FREE E-BOOK! Make Money With YouTube!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE HUNDREDS A DAY -- IT'S 100% FREE
I figure that a Debate Section would cause a lot of fights to break out. Much like it does on Hackforums. Omni probably hasn't/wont add it because it would cause a lot of negative things to be said. It might not be such a bad idea if it was strictly moderated, but who knows. The maturity level is a lot higher on this site that I've seen on many others.
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
(09-29-2010, 05:49 PM)Sickshot Wrote: It'd be easier to call it "The Debate Section".

"The Debate Section" Wouldn't be as good for SEO as "Religion, Politics, Philosophy and Science".. or he'd probably just name it the same thing as on HF.

So I don't see him calling it the debates section. He only recently said he has no future plans as of yet to add the section, anyway, so this thread should probably be closed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS King 5 1,372 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: King
  Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately? Fragma 20 5,334 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: NekoChan