Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review Crew for Support Forums?
Since i've noticed that people in general want to keep the quality of posts around here at a certain expected level. And Omni has started to warn others about maintaining their posts without producing spam for the lucky feather. I was wondering if the idea of a Reviewers group would be considered?

It would be the same idea that is on HF, but copied to SF. But people who review threads to analyse the quality of the things people type out here.

Just a thought I had.
A good idea, but I don't think it's needed. Most members are mature enough here and have high quality posts. Maybe when SF grows more this would be a good thing to have.
I'm no HF genius so I don't know how their system works, but I'm fairly sure(as stated when someone brought this up here earlier) that the review team is dedicated to ebooks and products. The thing is, there isn't a market to be reviewed around here. Nobody is really selling much around here and there isn't a lot of ebooks to be reviewed.
Its a good idea, since this place has less users than HF. Moderating topics would be a good idea.
Well i am conflicted a little.
The top 3 posters are my mates. Or i consider them my mates anyhow.
But i dont agree with this group. Not yet anyway. Certainly should the sell area grow then HELL Yes.
But not yet.
As for the LQPosters. well it relies currently on our (members) vigilance.
Report crappy posts. I do. Every day it seems actually.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I think people are a little confused as to what I meant by a reviewers group. Although it's different on HF, I meant the group name. But a reviewer here would be someone with partial moderation abilities to lock and warn members based on low quality posts or posts that didn't follow the guidelines as of rules. That way Omni wouldn't have to consider making new mods and worrying about whether or not they would do a good and responsible job, but the reviewers group that would work in cooperation with the mods to make each forum a better place for improving. Smile

Although I would agree with THAT type of Review crew who vouch for good marketers making sure that they are not trying to scam people. But i'm not quite sure what you'd be willing to sell around here that doesn't disobey the rules other than hosting services. Then again I haven't really been in the marketing area all that much on HF either... Only suggestions here for now anway, thanks for the replies Smile

@DAMINK™ no problem mate Superman
Ohh ok I see what you mean. The thing is, that is exactly what a moderator is, lol.

I don't see any difference between a moderator and a "reviewer"
I don't think this is required.

What you're describing is a moderator yet you're calling it a reviewer.

We don't need anything to be reviewed.
I do not think applying a reviewers group would be a good idea, at this time. I think we should wait until this site grows, and then implement one for e-book sales, much like it is @ HF.
FREE E-BOOK! Make Money With YouTube!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE HUNDREDS A DAY -- IT'S 100% FREE
(09-29-2010, 02:59 PM)Brandon Wrote: Ohh ok I see what you mean. The thing is, that is exactly what a moderator is, lol.

I don't see any difference between a moderator and a "reviewer"

moderators can ban I think, unless Omni has disabled their permissions for that, but I'm not sure. Reviewers, Omni wouldn't have to worry about any abuse for that, and they could lock topics if they were unnecessary or didn't follow the rules, as well as warn members. If you still don't think that it's needed it's ok, I posted this as a suggestion lol I want people to post their honest opinions here Smile

(09-29-2010, 03:13 PM)Sickshot Wrote: I don't think this is required.

What you're describing is a moderator yet you're calling it a reviewer.

We don't need anything to be reviewed.

No moderators can ban. The quality of posts has gone down ever since people started coming here for the feather support award. This is my solution to help with that situation so that Omni doesn't have to do it himself with the 2 other active mods like they have been doing. Once the site gets bigger you're going to have to think of alternatives.

(09-29-2010, 03:15 PM)Virtual Reality Wrote: I do not think applying a reviewers group would be a good idea, at this time. I think we should wait until this site grows, and then implement one for e-book sales, much like it is @ HF.

This is a pretty agreeable statement, and you make a fair point. Smile It might not be implemented until the site grows. Just adding to suggestions

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 5,092 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,868 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,595 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 15,300 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 4,756 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost