Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD Pavillion DV2000 HDD Replacement!?
Ok so I recently moved back home after a short lived stay in the Army. I don't have much money but am looking at going back to school for a GFX Design degree.. I found out that my aunt and uncles laptop crashed a while back and that they had it looked at. They were told that it would be cheaper for them to buy a new one then pay him to replace the HDD and such. I was just looking at HDDs online and they aren't that expensive.

The laptop is an HP Pavillion DV2000
I'm not sure what size the HDD was but when I google "HP Pavillion DV2000 Hard Drive" It comes up with a 40.0GB SATA HDD.
I just wanna make sure that I get the right HDD to put into it... Can someone who knows more about this kinda stuff help me out!?
[Image: NewPeacesig.png]
Peace hath more tests of manhood then battle hath ever known.
I'm no laptop hardware expert but I believe most HD's for laptops are universal. Get a SATA HD and you'll do fine ;).

Someone else may want to comment on this.
Is it still under warranty? If so then you can get it replaced easily by calling HP Support at: 1-800-474-6836

They can re-image your HD, or Replace the whole thing.

If not, then see a computer repair shop around your town as a last minute resolution.

Don't replace it yourself if yo uhave no idea what you talking because thats one old laptop, my edition is HP Dv7000.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
"Don't replace it yourself if you have no idea what you talking because thats one old laptop, my edition is HP Dv7000."

Actually using the help of others I found a users manual online that tells me exactly what to do! It's not still under warranty as you said its pretty old. It worked fine till the HDD crashed. So now I just gotta get the HDD. However I'm not sure how to do the OS on a new HDD. Do I just put the disk in once I have replaced the HDD and its like restoring it?
[Image: NewPeacesig.png]
Peace hath more tests of manhood then battle hath ever known.
I'm sure it will work, yes. It's system bound but I believe that the HD won't be effecting it.
Get a new hard drive from some where SATA i should expect you'r laptop to be running on.
You need to get a Operating system a free OS will do you dont need windows.
Ubuntu is free you can request a free CD from there site.
Search Ubuntu in google Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing internal HDD i/o error Annuit Coeptis 7 2,746 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,318 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz
  Amilo 3220 HDD problem . . . cortexaz 7 1,583 10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Apparatus