Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking in...
Welcome to our community, Jeremiah. Could you mention a few interesting travel experiences?
Thanks for the welcome Tyler and Eve.

Eve, almost every location I've traveled to has made an impression on me. Must say though, among the best would be China and Egypt... When I went to china recently for the 2010 expo I visited both Beijing and Shanghai, both amazing. If you ever go to Shanghai, check out the Pu Dong area...I stood staring up at the Jin Mao and the Shanghai World Financial Centre, two of the tallest buildings in Asia were in the clouds. Totally couldn't see the tops, looked like a shot out of some action movie or something, pretty intense. The locals are hilarious, very friendly and drink so much tea they put the Brits and Turkish to shame.

Egypt is just madness. The people are not as nice but the city life there is crazy, culture shock to the extreme. If you ever go, DONT go up into the pyramids in El Haram. The 3 great pyramids, one is open to tourists to climb up into, to see the great tomb...jesus. Went up, took 20minutes, little tinny tunnels, wooden ladders, half crawling most of the way to end up in a big ass empty room with an empty tomb..... (where's the mummy? i had asked....in the museum of course replied the bloody security guard...as if I was insane for expecting otherwise, probably was haha) then the climb down takes twice as long, almost no light except the dimly lit ancient light bulbs they seem to have fitted in there, and almost no air flow...just a single file of people crawling and climbing down a very steep tunnel...it was hell.

It's all fun though, no regrets for sure! I'll find some photos of the towers sometime and share, you'll love um! Smile
Good story about the pyramid climb. It is literally like climbing into the centre of a mountain rather than to the top, and the reward is not really something that you can plant a flag on!
(09-26-2010, 12:30 PM)Eve Wrote: Good story about the pyramid climb. It is literally like climbing into the centre of a mountain rather than to the top, and the reward is not really something that you can plant a flag on!

Yep. We tried to climb up a few feet on the outside but a few security guards flagged us and went apechit on us for climbing it. turns out you're not allowed...Egypt has too many rules and regulations for tourists, and the people are friendly till they figure out you don't plan on tipping them...

How about you Eve, travel much? Been anywhere fun?
I haven't traveled as much as you, Jeremiah, but I like what little of Europe I've seen. Barcelona is a vibrant city, and I'd like to spend more time in Lisbon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maple Syrup Checking In Maple 2 310 10-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Mikavw
  StitchRokcs, checking in! StitchRokcs 4 520 07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: StitchRokcs