Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Requirements
I'm extremely happy with the new groups, although I find it very unfair that it requires 500 posts to create a group. Since when did post count represent your knowledge on the subject and or leadership skills.

I want to create a Webmaster group, as I do have quite good skills as a Webmaster, where I'll be able to offer quite a lot of tutorials, tips and threads, although I feel that due to my lack of posting I won't be able to do so.

I usually like to lurk these forums, not comment on things which do not require my input.

I'm just suggesting that it would be more fair (as this forum aims to offer support and help) if we have other requirements which can be met.

As the leader of the Webmaster group, I'll be able to support many people with their first websites, forums etc. I can't do so unless I raise my post count which I believe is unfair.

I would think that Omniscient would have had better requirements other than post count on a Support Forum.

- The Elite
Get my avatars here.
Well i think to be a group owner 500 is okay.
But to be a member also i observed 200post or so requirments.
Thats not fair.
[Image: 2zszdd5.png]
It's because we want members who are committed to SF.
We wouldn't want groups made then in a month or so the leaders aren't active in them.

The Elite I'm sure you can get someone here who has over 500 posts and who is also skilled in this area and start up a group together. I think you can have more than one leader, you would need to ask Omniscient.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I agree and disagree with you.

In one way, it is unfair and pretty silly, but as Untouch said, we want members to be committed. Eve tho, having 500 posts doesn't show that you are committed.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
In most case, post count is just a number. On SF, it shows (to Omni) that you are active here. And committed enough to make a group.
Yeh at the end of the day the requirements are perfectly reasonable. 500 posts isn't a lot. If you really want, do as Untouch said and get another member to start the group. Once you have 500 posts you can then become a leader.
Group members only need 50 posts, however a group leader can set it higher. I think this rule is fair to be honest. It stops new members that only post to 100 from creating groups.

Group leaders can assign more group leaders aswell. However I think the 500 post rule still applies.
500 posts represents commitment and it gives any user the chance to be respected enough here that 10 others members might join their group. The number doesn't represent their quality but their posts do and I need to see a fair number of those posts that fit criteria to have a group. I'm not going to hand out groups like candy here. There will be a select few.

There are 35 members here with over 500 post count. That probably represents 25% of the daily active members. I think that's reasonable the top 25% active members have a chance to start a group.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Yeah I like the 500 posts thing, means someone isn't just like 'OH KWL I GET TO BE GROOP LEDER ON A FORUM!11'
Lol at Reality
I agree with most of the people on this thread. 500 may seem high but it proves dedication. It would be very frustrating if people started creating groups and then became inactive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webmasters Group Omniscient 12 2,565 08-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Mikey
  Private Group Forums Added Omniscient 34 5,084 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Last Post: FISH
  [Suggestion] Last Visit Colum for Group Management Nemmyy 0 499 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  [Suggestion] Can't request to join group unless requirements met Nemmyy 23 4,648 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Skill
  [SUGGESTION] Re Opened Support Group Sam 19 3,597 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Sam