Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question about third party websites.
(10-10-2009, 07:01 PM)HaruhiSuzumiya Wrote: It depends on the "illegal" content. Say it was a hacking forum like HF. That would be legal. If it was a Warez website, that would be illegal.

Yes, but if it also included warez like HF ended doing it would be illegal.

I'm not saying all hacking sites are illegal but if they carry illegal things with them they are.
First of all, People are posting Forums sites for review... All you can review on that is the content, since the forum software isn't made by the user and so isn't the theme (in most cases).
So basically you are linked to illegal content (in such case).

I think the section is misunderstood, I don't see a point of reviewing someones forum that was downloaded, installed and the theme was downloaded, installed.
Posting a site that you've coded and designed is worth reviewing no matter what content it has.
It's iffy and because we are new and because 95% of members are from HF it's going to take some effort to point new members in the right direction.

Also some hacker sites are going to be considered competitive forums since they may have coding support forums. It's likely under that rule they would be deleted.

Quote:I think the section is misunderstood, I don't see a point of reviewing someones forum that was downloaded, installed and the theme was downloaded, installed.

I completely agree but it takes time to implement rules and I am more concerned about activity than I am with quality control. However it's very appropriate to give comments in a review stating this to the member. Sites that are just plain vanilla installs should have some serious negative criticisms attached to them.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
That post should be immediately deleted
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
I have made a decision to disallow them. If only because it creates a "bad neighbor" in the eyes of search engines but also because it's making us look bad. So I am not going to allow hacker or warez sites to be promoted or linked from SF.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-12-2009, 08:34 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I have made a decision to disallow them. If only because it creates a "bad neighbor" in the eyes of search engines but also because it's making us look bad. So I am not going to allow hacker or warez sites to be promoted or linked from SF.

Can I ask what constitutes hacking though? In it's "true" sense? Or just cracking/black hat?
[Image: Lj]
Omniscient Wrote:
MyNameIs940 Wrote:
Omniscient Wrote:I am not going to allow SF to have links to hacker sites.

Ah, I thought it was allowed because I saw a bunch of posts with "This is brought to you by Malvager" when I posted I was basically told to fudge off and that it was allowed, Sorry for that, I will not post it again.

Yeah but I see that SF is becoming a place where everyone with a hacker site is promoting. Sort of creates a bad vibe imho.

Guess your not allowed.