Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Forums Starting To Pick Up Nicely
Glad to see yet another forum is going smoothly for omni...
i just joined =[
The "behind the scenes" statistics are really impressive. I really can't wait to see how Support Forums is in a year or two down the line. Onwards and upwards is all that comes to my mind.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

You want my opinion? Really.
This place is designed for trolls. 1 member hit onto this.
Really it is. A damn support forum. Come on. I run raids and do troll daily.
The one thing that ultimately saves this forum so far IMHO is that its based on mybb and therfor most spammers and general rif raf on the net target bigger software. Its actually a good thing. Dont take this as bad.
Your stats dont impress me honestly Omni. And based on your posts i know you agree.
Had SF really have done as well as you hoped you would have attacked me with vigour.
Yet you did not. You simply tried to put out some stats.
But my opinion was posted here some time ago. As was yours. And time will ultimately be the proof of fact here.
Dont get me wrong mate. I do hope you do well. I really do.
But you make a post regarding as such and i simply state my opinion.
You attack my opinion then i will reply. As i said ultimately time will tell.

I do wish you luck.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(07-24-2010, 10:43 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: A damn support forum. Come on. I run raids and do troll daily.

(07-24-2010, 10:43 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Your stats dont impress me honestly Omni.

(07-24-2010, 10:43 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Dont get me wrong mate. I do hope you do well. I really do.

You have issues.
That it is Omni now I have two places I can talk to you ;)
[Image: 5v0tgo.png]

Hope is a destination to a world of exploits.
Oh yes, I like seeing a nice mature community grow. Smile

~A
I'm hoping SF will gain some more activity. I've only recently been interested in this forum compared to HF, but the lack of active users/posters kind of makes it semi-boring. It definitely has potential, but only time will tell.
Quote:This place is designed for trolls. 1 member hit onto this.

That can describe most forums really.

Quote:Come on. I run raids and do troll daily.

No one disputes that.

Quote:Your stats dont impress me honestly Omni. And based on your posts i know you agree.
Had SF really have done as well as you hoped you would have attacked me with vigour.

I don't attack with vigor because this site isn't about flaming as much as you think. I'd rather have a discussion about it then tell you to STFU. I will however dispute your claims because I don't agree with you.

Todays stats.
[Image: 6s1bswvy8glamm6dgh28.jpg]

This is 5 months later and that screenshot shows the natural growth we are having and it represents a 150% growth in traffic since this thread started. That's 10-15% growth month over month. Any site would be happy with those stats. I think you make the constant mistake of comparing SF to HF. It's easy to view HF and think.."OMG SF is so small" but I'm very happy with the current natural growth and the feel of this community. Soon we'll hit 100k posts.

I can do so much more here than what you see. As I make adjustments and changes to continue attracting members and sparking activity this site will have the natural growth I want. Forums don't become like HF overnight. They take years and SF is only 9 months old. For it's age it's doing well.

Quote:You attack my opinion then i will reply.

Don't want to attack your opinion. I just want a civil discussion and I just don't agree with your views.

Quote:I've only recently been interested in this forum compared to HF, but the lack of active users/posters kind of makes it semi-boring.

This has a ring of truth to it and I'm considering new options to make it less boring. One fact is that it's less boring now that it was 5 months ago. I'm considering new features and new forums all the time. I listen to member input and carefully consider suggestions. I think the recent Creative Writing section is doing well. The Emotional Support area is also a hit.

I really haven't gone nuts on addons or plugins here. So some creative additions to the site would solidify it's fun factor imho. But I don't want to force it.

We're doing well and we're growing. I'm happy.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Yo Omni, it is true though that this forum's basis was well formed. However, there are some things I wish would change. I know recently a lot of new members have been posting *very* LQ posts. It wouldn't bother me if wasn't on a constant basis, but it is; and it really destroys the quality of the forums. I know I probably shouldn't complain about the traffic, but I guess I value quality over quantity.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(07-26-2010, 10:07 AM)Omniscient Wrote: This has a ring of truth to it and I'm considering new options to make it less boring. One fact is that it's less boring now that it was 5 months ago. I'm considering new features and new forums all the time. I listen to member input and carefully consider suggestions. I think the recent Creative Writing section is doing well. The Emotional Support area is also a hit.

I agree with that, I'm definitely into the Emotional Support and Creative Writing sections. Big Grin

To be honest, I saw someone suggest a "Writing" section on HF, and saw that it was declined and someone said it was on Support Forums, so I came here to check it out. It's awesome. Lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 5,419 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,950 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,641 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 15,683 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 8,364 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus